Switched from Hotmail to Outlook.com and have a question? (FAQ)

then check out our handy FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

My Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.com (FAQ) covering

• Do I have to get a new email address?
  • What about my existing email?
  • Where are my contacts?
  • Everything looks different. How do I use Outlook.com?
  • Why can’t I switch back to Hotmail?
  • Will Outlook.com work on my current browser?
  • Do I need to change any settings on my phone, Office Outlook, Windows Live Mail, or Windows mail apps?
  • I renamed my Microsoft account to a new address; can I change it back to the old one?
  • Can I still use my POP3/SMTP messaging client with Outlook.com?

My Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.com (FAQ)

Get more help for Outlook.com

Technorati Tags: ,

1. jenny says:

I hate hate hate outlook and just want my hotmail settings back. Everything was neat in hotmail, outlook is scruffy and unstructured. Did I say I hate it? Well I do

2. Technology Can Turn Ugly says:

TERRIBLe idea to change hotmail to Outlook UI. UGLY! Change it back to the beloved Hotmail UI we all have come to love.

3. Bonnie says:

How do I start a new distribution list, and how do I access my old ones?

4. Nick says:

Great..Outlook is like a PIMP for crap ads on my e-mail page. When I open a message from someone, the right side panel pimps Facebook…F?+*%%# Outlook is horrible.

They talk about Gmail Screwing with key words, yet Outlook blatantly slams you with ads and suggestions. HATE OUTLOOK!!!!!!! It should be called LOOK OUT!!! Here we come to force crap onto your page.

5. Big G says:

Can I have my old hotmail back . now seems to have lost all my contacts. and a real pain to forward pictures .

6. regina says:

just tried to open my hotmail account and its changed. i now have the new outlook account, but no contact list nor any emails since 7/24/13 that were addressed to my hotmail address. How can i see those emails and how do i get my contact list. PLEASE HELP!!