Especially useful if you are in places such as China, Korea or Japan… if you see this error message
“The pack name is invalid”
KB article KB973561 (You cannot convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk when the computer name contains double-byte characters)
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Tap or click Settings, and then type rename this computer in the search box.
- Tap or click the displayed Rename this computer icon.
- On the Computer Name tab, tap or click Change.
- Type a new name under Computer name, and then tap or click OK.
also instructions for how to do this with Windows 7 or Windows Vista can be found at the KB article