SmartScreen Filter is a feature in Internet Explorer which lets you browse with more confidence as it helps protect you against social engineering attacks such as phishing and malware. (watch a video about this feature).
We have a pretty good FAQ about it that covers the following topics
- What is SmartScreen Filter and how can it help protect me?
- What does it mean when I see a message that says a file isn't "commonly downloaded"?
- How do I check a website manually with SmartScreen Filter?
- One of the sites I visit is being flagged by SmartScreen Filter, but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do?
- How do I report a phishing website?
- How do I turn SmartScreen Filter off or on?