Download Microsoft Safety Scanner for FREE

Download Microsoft Safety Scanner

Do you think your PC has a virus? the download the Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.

For real-time protection that helps to guard your home or small business PCs against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, download Microsoft Security Essentials.

Read more about Understanding security and safe computing

Rob

1. vaishu says:

really good

2. ridhuvan says:

Very good it relly help me

3. Cheryl Crabtree says:

I received a phone call from Windows, caller had an accent difficult to understand. He states they are receiving info, we have a virus in the hard drive. New computer, novice operator. HELP

4. robmar says:

Hi Cheryl – this is a 100% complete scam – please do not let these people do anything to your PC

"Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls to help you fix your computer

In this scam cybercriminals call you and claim to be from Microsoft Tech Support. They offer to help solve your computer problems. Once the crooks have gained your trust, they attempt to steal from you and damage your computer with malicious software including viruses and spyware.

Although law enforcement can trace phone numbers, perpetrators often use pay phones, disposable cellular phones, or stolen cellular phone numbers. It's better to avoid being conned rather than try to repair the damage afterwards.

Treat all unsolicited phone calls with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information

If you receive an unsolicited call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Tech Support, hang up. We do not make these kinds of calls.

"

Rob

5. janet says:

I know I have a virus (possibly Trojan:Win32/antivirusxp according to info on microsoft site) About 12 mins into the scan my computer switches off completely.  Do you know if this is the virus causing this and if so how can I get around it?

Thanks.

6. robmar says:

Janet – what virus software do you have on your PC, is it just the safety scanner, or do you have anything else?

Rob

7. Gisela says:

I have this Vista Security system 2012 how I can delete this? thanks it is a fake program it seems to me

8. robmar says:

Hi Gisela – I would have thought most anti-virus software would remove/detect this.  What are you running

also a quick bing serach gives you plenty of options to resolve

rob

9. John says:

Is this a joke?  I tried to download the microsoft safety scanner three times but it never installed.  I'm using XP Home and AVAST antivirus & Superantispyware.

10. Rachel Simms says:

The safety scanner has been downloaded but how do I get it to run?

11. KSJangra,India,Chandigarh says:

Very,very good stepp for removal of Pessonal Computer difficulties. Thanks a lot.

12. HUBERT TALLMAN says:

HOW CAN THE MICROSOFT SAFETY SCANNER FIX AND KEPPS THE COMPUTER SAFE AND RUNNING SMOTH?

13. Lauren says:

Rob, I just downloaded the safety scanner, I want to know if its an automatic scanner or if I have to make it run.  Can you tell me where it goes??  I don't know where to find it to run it.

Thank you.

14. Lauren..again says:

I'm sorry….I forgot to tell you I have Windows 7, Norton, McAfee and Mozilla Firefox.

15. SHIRLEY BROCK says:

MY INTERNET KEEPS KICKING OFF AND FACEBOOK. I CANNOT PLAY ANY OF THE GAMESAND FARMVILLE

16. Dave says:

my computer is still really slow and i can not figure it out Help

17. robmar says:

Hi Dave – sorry not show which OS you are using so try this link

windows.microsoft.com/…/search

and filter on the list of Windows (7, Vista, XP) in the list on the left hand side

rob

PS sorry for delayed response

18. robmar says:

Hi Lauren – no you have to run it manually, plus you need to download every 10 days I think

"The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

"

Rob – and again sorry for delayed response

19. Leslie Gargan says:

Microsoft is the greatest … and that's from someone born in 1933 (you do the math; I'm hoping to make it to Christmas)

20. robert c. says:

my and I got this for her boss weve had only two day and

already  having problems. PLEASE  HELP  !    fix  the what ever  wrong

21. Betty says:

Any help for a vista user having a laptop that has the problem Not Responding

this happens on any web site. computer just freezes with the not responding message

22. robmar says:

Robert .c  – do you have any more details?

23. Susan says:

Think am victim of a microsoft tech support scam – had call this evening frm Microsoft Tech Support, London address Cardinal Place which is genuine- they said I had had lots of errors and been affected by trojan horse and venus hacker!! and showed me this on computer via computer manager, event viewer etc which showed problems for about 2 years.  Said it could be fixed for one off payment of £10 lifetime and cover 5 computers.  I asked lots of questions and was given license number MTSLIC1504 – also gave cc number as I reckoned I could monitor this easily if a problem. They used team viewer to do page sharing- all seemed very plausible but I was uneasy.  Since then I have blocked access to online banking.  I have checked on Microsoft website this evening and it looks like I am victim of a classic scam.  What do you think? and what to do.  Is it too late to change email password- will do this anyway.  Tried to download Microsoft Safety Scanner without success- could you tell me what to do with this? Thank you in anticipation.

24. robmar says:

Susan – seems you have been a target unfortunately

try the info at http://www.microsoft.com/…/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

with regard the safety scanner – what messages if any are you receiving

also are you running any other antivirus software such as Microsoft Security Essentials

25. alina says:

iam form England basically yh my laptop screen turns blue and talking some next hard drive plz help me