I am a big fan of techradar and just wanted to point out this latest tutorial on how to tweak your Windows netbook to improve speed
The article gives some good tips about doing things such as:
- Using System Configuration to run selective start-up options
- Disabling services that you may not want to run automatically
- Adjust or disable visual effects such as transparent glass.
- Changing your display
If you want to learn more about how to improve your Pc’s performance you can also try the following Windows Help articles.
- Optimize Windows 7 for better performance
- Optimize Windows Vista for better performance
- Ways to improve your computer’s performance
- Improve performance by defragmenting your hard disk
- Change the theme to improve performance
Thanks to @WinObs for the tip