Achieving a perfect Windows Experience Index score in Windows 7

Just pointing out the latest Windows 7 Help and how to topic on Achieving a perfect Windows Experience Index score in Windows 7.

If you are not sure what the Windows Experience Index is see What is the Windows Experience Index?

You can get to the fabled 7.9 but I am currently down at 3.4 mainly due to the lack of graphics capacity on my Lenovo laptop

Windows Experience Index

Let me know what you get

Rob

Technorati Tags: ,,

1. EFVincent says:

From my Lenovo W510 with dual C300 SSDs and 16Gig Ram. I'm loving the W510. Sold a Dell M6400 and MacBook Pro 15" on eBay, got this in exchange. Portable supercomputer, able to run several virtuals at once.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz  7.4

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB                                7.8

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M                      6.5

Gaming graphics 4607 MB Total graphics memory       6.5

Primary hard disk 167GB Free (237GB Total)          7.9

2. allisterf says:

7.3 for me

3. Lee Williams says:

5.9 Here

4. André says:

WEI is buggy. I get 7.4 for my Samsung F3 HDD (no SSD). I have 4.6 overall score because of my onboard IGP.

5. MS514 says:

My research shows that most laptops in the under 500 dollar range have scores of 3-4.5

6. Nariman says:

I'm the proud owner of a new W510 and am very impressed except I expected better Windows Experience Index (WEI) scores… I have the latest updates and have applied standard SSD/Win7 tweaks, but am still stumped as to why others are reporting higher Memory/Processor scores for the same hardware:

Intel Core i7-820QM Processor (1.73GHz, 8MB L3, 1333MHz), BIOS 6NET74WW (1.34)

Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)

NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M with 1GB DDR3 Memory

16 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (4 DIMM)

INTEL 160GB SSDSA1M160G2LE (Firmware 2CV102L1, UDMA Mode 6)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 820 @ 1.73GHz 7.1

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 7.9

Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9

Primary hard disk 21GB Free (149GB Total) 7.9

Nearly a perfect 7.9 🙂

8. bob says:

my base score should be 5.3 but its only reading 2.3 my processor and memory

are not giving the right reading can you advice thankyou

9. P Granger says:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad@ 2.66GHz          7.1

Memory (RAM) 8.0 GB                                 7.2

Graphics NVIDIA 8600 GT                             6.5

Gaming graphics 4607 MB Total graphics memory       6.5

Primary hard disk 367GB Free (737GB Total)          5.9

10. joby says:

crap. everything is mid sevens 'cept disk transfer rate. I hate sata hdd.

Skip to main content