If you are new to Windows Vista and are looking for some help and guidance to get up to speed then you could do a lot worse than check out our latest help articles about Getting started with Windows Vista.
Easy steps to get Windows Vista up and running
- Install Windows Vista Skip this step if you bought a PC with Windows Vista pre-installed.
- Connect to the Internet Use the Internet Wizard for a step-by-step guide to getting online.
- Download and install service packs Get Windows Vista Service Pack 2 with all of the latest updates since SP1.
- Activate Windows Vista You can do this either online or by phone.
- Register your copy of Windows Get tips, tricks, fun ideas, and creative hints from the Welcome to Windows emails
as well as help on
- Installing and reinstalling Windows Vista
- A first Week checklist that will help you get your computer set up and connected so that you can start working with Windows right away.
- Help to install a program
- Set up hardware such as a printer
- How to personalize your computer
and a ton of step-by-step guides
- Using Windows Vista
- Entertainment to go
- Add new hardware and devices
- Networking 101
- Printing 101
- Security 101
- Using remote assistance
- Using parental controls
- Keeping your children safer