If you are struggling with no sound in Windows then check out our new 3 step tutorial “No sound in Windows” that has been written to help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, such as no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.
- Step 1 – Check your hardware (including your soundcard, cables, power and volume settings)
- Step 2 – Use a Troubleshooter
- Step 3 – Update your drivers
The article covers what to do for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and is best if you follow the steps in that order.
For more specific sound related topics try:
- Tips for fixing common sound problems!--title-->
- Sound cards: frequently asked questions!--title-->
- Play an audio or video file: frequently asked questions!--title-->
- Why can’t my computer play sound after installing a Windows service pack? !--title-->