So if you are seeing time-out problems with burning DVD-R Dual Layer discs in Windows 7 (or Windows Server 2008 R2) then maybe this hotfix can help you.
Please read all the info before proceeding and it is important to know that:
- A hotfix is intended to correct a specific problem.
- Apply the hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the specific problem.
- Installing the incorrect hotfix can cause damage to your system.
- If you are not sure whether the hotfix is the correct one for your system, do not install it.
- Hotfixes are included in subsequent service packs that are safer to install through Microsoft Update.