Online threats today come in the form of attacks on you and attacks on your computer. Here are eight tips for you to have a safer online shopping experience with Internet Explorer 8.
- Keep up to date with automatic updates
- Use firewall, antivirus, antispam, and antispyware software
- Avoid phishing scams and malware with the SmartScreen Filter
- Make sure the Cross Site Scripting filter (XSS) is always on
- Check the domain name with domain highlighting to avoid deceptive websites.
- Use the InPrivate Browsing if using a public computer feature which prevents your browsing history, cookies, and other information from being retained on your computer.
- Check for the closed padlock image when paying for goods over the Internet.
- Never respond to unsolicited requests to update your account information
Download Internet Explorer
Technorati Tags: IE8