The pictures in the UK Windows 7 Theme Pack

If you ever wondered where the wonderful pictures where taken for the UK Windows 7 Theme pack?

Ullswater lake

Oak Tree by Ullswater Lake in the Lake District

Castlerigg Stone Circle Castlerigg Stone Circle near Keswick,

Ruins of Dunluce Castle Ruins of Dunluce Castle in Northern Ireland

Conwy Castle Conwy Castle in Wales
Seaton Bay Seaton Bay in Dorset

Timsgarry Isle of lewis Stone Wall at Timsgarry, on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland

Rob

Technorati Tags:

1. Ma says:

Thanks I was looking for names of location in windows 7 itself. But no sucess. Thanks for this given locations.

I am just wondering if there is any site where is given all locations not only for uk.

Thanks.

2. robmar says:

Hi Ma – I can find out

do you have a specific location / country in mind or all of them?

Rob

3. Caro says:

The photographs in the Windows 7 UK theme that came with my new laptop (delivered yesterday) are completely different from the ones you show above. Are there two different UK themes?

4. robmar says:

Hi Carlo – which do you have then?

these are specific to the download

rob

5. Scott says:

There are 2 different themes for the uk  depending on your version of windows 7.  If you have professional, you will have the ‘aero’ theme (right click on desktop and select personalize) but you can download the standard uk theme by clicking on ‘get mor themes online’.

But that still doesn’t answer your question.  Obviously in the theme there is Stonehenge, The Tower Bridge and the white cliffs.  The other three I have no Idea of, Sorry :(

6. Scott says:

Correction,

There are 3 uk themes.

The two non-aero themes are here:

(one at the top of the screen and one at the bottom)

7. robmar says:

aha see what you mean now

I will see if I can work them out

Rob

8. robmar says:

Ok I have found out the remaining three form the Windows default Aero pack

Tal-y-llyn lake in North Wales

Giants Causway, County Antrim Norther Ireland

Dunnottan Castle – Sonehaven, Scotland

Hope that helps :)

Rob

9. Paul says:

I was wondering what the UK theme picture location is of the House/cottage covered in ivy next to a river/bridge?

Thanks,

Paul

10. kris says:

right mouse button on desktop click personolize.

then click united kingdom themes.

then click desktop background slide show. it opens up a window with the 6 pictures from the theme. hover over the picture with the mouse and it tells you all the details etc.

hope this helps.

Kris.

11. Orion30 says:

Paul, The Picture is of The 15th Century Court House Tu Hwnt i’r Bont at Llanrwst in North Wales

David

12. Doogal says:

Thanks Rob for all the fish and thanks Kris for showing me how to fish!

13. Dalma says:

Hi,

I would like to know what that picture shows in an aero theme. Its an huge rock or island with a castle or something of that sort on the top and the ocean behind it.

thank you!

14. Russ says:

Any ideas about the BING theme photos and where or what they are? It would be great if Windows would identigy the pictures within the themes that are available for download fom their site.

15. Brian says:

Hi Rob

I wondered if you knew the precise location from where the white cliffs of Dover picture was taken?  Thanks

16. Matt says:

Robmar!  Thank you so much. I was trying to find out where one of the pictures was taken, and thanks to you I now know it is Dunnottan Castle – Sonehaven.

17. Derek says:

The Cliffs are at Seaford looking East towards Beachy Head. I was there today and took some photos.

18. robmar says:

Derek – would love to see the photo's if you have them online anywhere

rob

19. david hill says:

so, just let me understand,why exactly is it so hard for anyone to actually answer the question?

Just wondering? lets put some random links up or a few stupid comments?

20. robmar says:

David – what question are you referring to

rob

21. LiverpoolLeaf says:

Thanks.  Really wanted to know where they were from.

22. fred says:

The cliffs in the Aero United Kingdom theme are NOT the White Cliffs of Dover, they are the Seven Sisters near Eastbourne:

23. Davva says:

Hey

I just discovered the following.

Right click on the desktop and select personalize. Then left click "desktop background". Hover the cursor over the picture you are interested in and the info about what it is will appear.

Hope it's of use to someone.

D

24. Pejesi says:

Hi Rob,  I have emailed several different Microsoft support centres (Aust, US & UK) trying to find the names & locations of the castles in Windows 7 theme "Castles in Europe" but no luck yet.  Being RSS feeds, there's no info stored on my pc so can't look at "properties" (suggested by others on the web).

We're travelling to Europe 2015 & hoping to visit a few of these incredible places.  Cheers! (Aussie – Cairns, Nth Qld)

25. pejesi says:

Ok, just followed Kris' advice below and have found the locations/names!

Awesome…thanks for this blog – well worth the visit 😀

26. robmar says:

Pejesi – great news, let me know if you need more help

rob