First Windows 7 Language Interface Pack available – Hindi

So now with the launch of  Windows 7 I expect to see more LIPs coming for Windows 7, here is the first for Hindi:

Click here to download the Hindi Windows 7 LIP

Rob

1. Hindi Chat says:

it’s a very important package. Thanks Microsoft

2. Pepper says:

Well I can’t actually read the download page because I don’t read Hindi. But I have some coworkers who would find this useful. So I downloaded it and tried to install. Wrong architecture it says. Any idea when x64 is coming?

3. Rob Margel says:

Hi Pepper – let me see if I can get you an answer on x64

Rob

4. Josep says:

Hi, what about the catalan windows 7 LIP?

Will be there an x64 version? For Vista there was only a x86 version …

5. Rob Margel says:

Hi Josep – i cannot comment on future plans / timelines  for other LIPs sorry.

Rob

6. Rob Margel says:

Hi Pepper I have an official answer to 64 bit

“We are only releasing 32-bit LIPs via the download center.  The 64-bit LIP for Hindi (and Catalan) will be available from OEM and System Builder channels”

hope that helps somewhat

Rob

7. Pepper says:

Well thanks for the info, though it doesn’t make any sense at all. I checked the system builder site, oem.microsoft.com doesn’t have any LIPs for Win7/2008R2 yet, and no 64-bit LIPs for Vista.

I thought Microsoft wanted people to use 64-bit but inexplicable policies like this aren’t helping.

8. Rob Margel says:

Hi Pepper – I have passed on your feedback and will try and get a response for you

rob

9. Pepper says:

Still wondering about this, thanks!

10. Rob Margel says:

hi Pepper – sorry I don’t have any more information at this time on your questions/issues

feel free to contact me directlty on robmar@microsoft.com

Rob

11. Josep says:

Hi Rob, and thanks for your explanation. But, don’t you though it doesn’m make any sense? I mean "The 64-bit LIP for Hindi (and Catalan) will be available from OEM and System Builder channels".

If there’s a x64 LIP for catalan and hindi languages, why to keep them private? Nonsense! Microsoft made it, and does not allow normal users to use it. I can’t believe it!

Microsoft wants people to increase the x64 OS, but policies like that are incomprehensible..

12. Rob Margel says:

Hi Josep – thats great feedback that has already gone to the LIP team, and I wil make sure they get it from you as well.

Rob

13. Josep says:

Thank you again for your answer, hope LIP team’s gonna listen to that feedback and made them public 🙂   If they made it that way, please tell us "asap"!

14. Rob Margel says:

Hi Josep – as soon as I know anything that has changed I will let you know

feel free to drop me your email address

rob