Just spotted these 3 handy tips in this article from PCWorld
- 1. Stop Windows Media Center from Using Your Entire Hard Drive
- ‘Start Windows Media Center.
- Scroll down to Tasks, then over to Settings and click it (or press Enter).
- Choose Recorder, and then Recorder Storage. (Note that these options appear only if you have a TV tuner installed and configured.)
- Use the Minus arrow next to Maximum TV limit to decrease the storage (in 25GB increments) to the amount you want to allow WMC.
- Click Save to finish the operation.’
- 2. Make Documents and Media Open in the Proper Programs
“My preference is simply to right-click any file that’s incorrectly associated (like, say, one of the aformentioned RTFs), mouse over Open With, and then click Choose Default Program”
3. Force Programs to Run Full-Screen
- ‘Right-click the program’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
- This will open the Properties window with the Shortcut tab already selected. Click the pull-down menu next to Run and choose Maximized.
- Click OK .’