Whats your Windows 7 ‘Windows Experience Score’

The Engineering Windows 7 blog has just put up a great article about the Windows Experience Index in Windows 7.  SO it thought I would quickly check and see what my score was, remembering that in Vista I scored a not so great 3.0

…and now I am a big fat 2.0, really got hit by the hard disk and graphics limitations of my PC

Windows Experience Index score 2.0

Anyone got a higher, or lower score?

To find out your Windows Experience Score, simply type ‘ Score’ into the start menu

check your computers windows expereince base score

Technorati Tags:

1. Allen says:

My laptop has dropped to 2.0 on the disk as well. In Vista, it was cruising at 5.2. It looks like the disk algorithm has changed in Win7. Maybe this is to better support SSDs or reflect performance in new HDDs. I am considering buying the new WD 500GB Blue drive for size and performance. I bet that will help that number 😉

2. robmar says:

yes reading the Windows 7 engineering blog they ahve changed the algorithm to suit changing technologies etc.  A good read

3. Desktop system: 5.3, limited by disk — no change from Vista

4. .. And you should probably read that WEI post before looking at your scores. 🙂

5. Arya says:

Received a 5.9 which was also limited by my HDD. Two 74gb raptors running in a raid 0 array. I’m guessing to hit 7.9 you will need to install the OS on a SSD.

6. Mike says:

cpu x2 6000   6.0

memory 2 gigs 5.5

8800gt 512    7.9

and           5.9

harddrive 80g 5.4

sata 1 wd

I noticed my vista score was different the x2 6000 only scored 5.5 on vista and my memory was was 5.9 went down to 5.5

Im using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and vista home premium 64 bit.

7. Seb says:

Though my system runs better and faster on Windows 7 i get a lower score. Used to be about 3 but now its gone down to 2. I dont mind though as it works better and I dont think the number effects me?!?!

8. Dave says:

Got a laptop that was rated at a 5.1 in Vista but rated a 3.0 in Windows 7. But other things went up. My highest score is now 6.1 and my hard drive now down to a 3.0 when it was in the 5 area.

9. Josh says:

CPU socket 939 3800+ X2 overclocked to 2.48Ghz 5.4

Memory DDR 400 2GB in dual Channel 5.4

7600 GT Aero 6.1 gaming 5.4

Raptor Sata 1 74gb HD 5.9

I was running XP before and I was surprised how balanced my machine was reporting and how well it did considering it’s age.

10. Greg says:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 7.1

RAM (OCZ ReaperX DDR2 1200) 8.00 GB 7.1

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4870 Series 7.9

Primary Hard Disk (WD Black 640GB) 6.0

Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7000

So, my HD is limiting me as well and brings me down from 7.36 avg to a 6.0 based on lowest score.

HD is a WD Black 640GB

11. carboman says:

We give it a zero. It is slow and would not work with the standard hardware on our system. Took up too much disk space for there not too be any real usable applications. We replaced it with linux. The system is now like a jackrabbit and no requirement for a having a virus scanner. Removing W7 also freed up gigabytes of space for other usable software.

12. When I checked the Windows Experience Index shortly after I had upgrade to the Win 7 Beta back in January

13. andrey says:

dont know but what score woiuld a 1GB Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 be. i run windows vista cause i dont like beta but i’m planning on getting it when it comes out in october. my graphics card is 756MHz core clock and 2200MHz memory clock with 128 stream processors and 256bit memory interface its 5.9 in vista.

14. On my quad-core HP box, I ran the numbers and got the following:

Overall score:           5.1

Processor score:         7.2

Memory score:            7.2

Graphics score:          5.3

Gaming graphics score:   5.1

Primary Hard Disk:       5.9

15. Shaun Purser says:

My base score is 6.5

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.8  6.9

RAM (crucial DDR2 1066) 4.00 GB 7.1

Graphics Nvidia GTX 260 6.5

Primary Hard Disk (Ocz Vertex 30 gig) 7.0

Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7000

Sorprised to see the ram getting highest score .Before the overclock the vertex was highest .

16. Olivier De Ridder says:

My score:

Overall score:           4.6

Processor score:         7.1

Memory score:            7.1

Graphics score:          4.6

Gaming graphics score:   4.6

Primary Hard Disk:       5.8

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz 2.40 Ghz

RAM: 3 GB

System 32 Win 7

Nvidea GFORCE 8600 GT

Suprisingly I get such a high score w only 3 gb ram? Also weird to me is the low graphic score? Any way to resolve it?

Should I transfer to a 64 win version?

17. amber says:

My score:

Overall score:           3.7

Processor score:         6.0

Memory score:            6.9

Graphics score:          3.7

Gaming graphics score:   5.1

Primary Hard Disk:       5.9

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ 2.90Ghz

RAM: 4 GB

System 64 Win 7

Graphics Card not listed … i think i may need to fix that

18. Chris says:

only Got overall score 7.1

I7 920 standard

12gb 1666mhz ram

ssd 64gb hdd kingston

gtx280 1024mb

running a p6t delux tried with my other mainboard msi eclipse but only gets an overall 6.2

19. Jackatwo says:

Component Details Subscore Base score

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 7.1 4.9

Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 5.5

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 4.9

Gaming graphics 1279 MB Total available graphics memory 5.8

Primary hard disk 385GB Free (466GB Total) 5.9

I have a 64 bit system ,

is there any thing I can do to get this system any faster???

20. Zforce says: