Just a quick plug for an excellent new site on http://www.microsoft.com/uk about licensing and piracy aimed at home users.
The new site at http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensing/homeuser/default.mspx is themed around ‘buying safely and activating’, and features:
- Buying basics and how to buy, including an online buying guide and top piracy scams
- An “Is your software legit?” area, plus a guide to software piracy and how to report pirates
- A new page about Windows Genuine Advantage pop-up notices and what to do if you get them.
- A list of illegal traders we have taken action against
- New content about games piracy.
Well worth a look if you have any questions on this topic.
We also have tons of content on Windows Help and How-to about activation, product registration and related topics such as :
- Activating Windows: FAQ
- Troubleshooting activation problems
- Where do I find my Windows product Key
- Windows registration: FAQ