Just a quick update to my post http://blogs.msdn.com/robmar/archive/2008/06/27/hard-to-find-windows-vista-help-and-how-to-articles.aspx from last week.
So we are seeing some changes to what content is now being indexed (see table below)
|All you can eat music: Download all the music you want for the price of a single CD||yes||no||no|
|Online fun in Windows Media Center-TV and News||yes||yes||no|
|Creating an online cookbook||yes||yes||no|
|What is Windows Live?||yes||no||no|
So we saw the Live and Google spiders crawl the site on the days since the post, and we can see that 2 of the articles where now indexed by Live and no changes for Google. So I have got my colleague Magnus to test what happens if a 2nd blogger links to the same content. So we shall check back later and see if anything changes.
* I am not sure if Yahoo was indexing the content prior to my posting, but have added it to get a view across all the 3 search engines.
Also here are 4 more articles that are not indexed by the search engines:
- The digital gardener: Using your computer to plan, organize, and keep track of your vegetable garden
- Kids online: A parents guide to monitoring computer use
- Room to grow: Get more space by using external hard disk drives
- Set up a dual-boot system
I find the last one odd that it isn’t indexed as it is one of our most popular visited articles.