Why would you want or need a server in your home? Well if you got more than one PC it is great for doing everything from sharing your music and videos and digital memories to backing up all those PCs in one place, automatically.
We only have one current PC at home but are thinking of adding to this in the near future, plus both the wife and I have laptops that I am wondering if can be connected. So have been doing some looking around the Microsoft Web sites and have come across some useful stuff
- Introducing Windows Home Server
- Home Server team blog – it looks very US centric, but have subscribed to the rss feed.
- Microsoft Home Server Forum
- Slightly amusing site http://www.stayathomeserver.com/
- A list of some available in the UK, I am not sure how exhaustive this is…
I think it needs a little more research on my part before I make a decision but will let you know if I do…