I used to get questions about using Team System to manage multiple teams working on the same project. Next month (10/16), NetObjectives is holding a webinar (Webinar: Managing a Multiple Team Project in Visual Studio Team System) on that very topic:
Webinar: Managing a Multiple Team Project in Visual Studio Team System
Using the Implementing Agile Development Process Template for Visual Studio Team System 2008
Many Agile/Scrum projects have more than one team, but few VSTS Process Templates address the issues of managing multiple teams pulling from the same product backlog. The Implementing Agile Development process template provides the data, reporting and team communication features to manage the multiple team project successfully.
This webinar will discuss and demonstrate the following features of the IAD process template.
- Work Item Support for multiple teams.
- Team communication features including the Agile Team SharePoint sub-site and the Agile Team blog feature.
- Agile Team reporting.
The webinar will also provide the basic information of how to download and install the IAD process template.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of the operation of VSTS/TFS.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 AM PDT (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT)
- webinar itself
- 11:00 am – 12:00 PM PDT (2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT)
- Q&A follow up (details given in webinar).