The August CTP is now available for Visual Studio Team System code name “Rosario.” For those who skidded right on past the instructions on the download page, here they are again:
To install, follow these instructions in the exact order shown.
- Download and install Virtual PC 2004 SP1 (or Virtual Server 2005 R2 or Virtual PC 2007).
- Download the Base image (one-time only): Save the self-extracting base image VSCTPBase.exe and extract to a folder on your computer.
- Click the Download button on this page to download all parts of the Visual Studio code name Rosario August 2007 CTP. The first part is a self-extracting EXE and will prompt for the other parts.
- Click on the self extracting Aug2007RosarioCTP_TFSVSTS_9PartsTotal.part01.exe to extract two files (Aug2007RosarioCTP_TFSVSTS.vhd and Aug2007RosarioCTP_TFSVSTS.vmc ) to the same folder as the base. You will need to read and accept the EULA before extraction proceeds.
- Launch the Virtual PC Console using Start|Programs|Microsoft Virtual PC.
- Click the New button to launch the “New Virtual Machine Wizard”.
- Navigate to the Options page and select “Add An existing Virtual Machine” radio button.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the location you extracted the files to and select the Aug2007RosarioCTP_TFSVSTS.vmc image.
- You will be prompted for the location of the base image and you should point to the Base01.vhd that you extracted earlier and click OK.
- Clear the “When I finish, open settings” checkbox and click OK.
- Select the new image entry, Aug2007RosarioCTP_TFSVSTS, and click Start.
- To logon to the machine, click on Action Menu (Shortcut: Right Alt+Del) on the VPC console and use the credentials above. Note: Three user accounts have been created for Team Foundation Server. (Please refer to the the installation guide mentioned above, TFSInstall.chm, under User Accounts Required for Team Foundation Server Setup section for more details.)
- Username: TFSSETUP, password: tfssetup
- Username: TFSSERVICE, password: tfsservice
- Username: TFSREPORT, password: tfsreport