Recently, I received a blog comment that said:
During the beta period, I have passed 71-510, which was the beta exam.
I've received a letter from Prometrics with my result. However, till now, I haven't received any e-mail from Microsoft.
PS: This was my first exam!
Here's the word on how to receive your MCP Welcome Kit from Microsoft:
Customers receive a welcome kit if they took at beta exam that earns a credential (for example 71-510) and they passed it. If they pass the beta, it should show up in their MCP transcript and they’d follow the standard process to request a kit:
- Kits are NOT shipped automatically after you earn a credential. You must request your kit from the MCP site: https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx. The reason we do this is to have you CONFIRM your mailing address before we send out the kit the first time.
- After you place your order, kits take four to six weeks for delivery.
- If you haven't received your kit in 4-6 weeks, contact your Regional Service Center (RSC) (tell them when you placed your order, your MCP ID, and ask for the status of your shipment).
- If you check your mailing address in your profile and realize the kit is NOT being shipped to the right address, please contact your RSC to update your address and resubmit your kit request. Unfortunately, re-shipments or replacements can only be ordered by contacting the RSC right now.
When accessing the MCP site for the first time, you have to associate your MCP ID to a Windows Live ID account to gain access. Your MCP ID should be on your MCP transcript.
To receive your Welcome Kit
- Find your MCP ID on your transcript.
- Request your kit from the MCP site: https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx.