Yesterday, I took the plunge and installed Office 2007 (Beta 2) on my laptop.
Just off the top of my head, I like the following things in Outlook right out of the gate, which is neither prioritized nor marketing’s Top 10.
- Preview attachments in the Reading Pane
- Built-in RSS reader
- The To-Do Bar and To-Do List integration with Tasks
- Much-improved Calendar and Contacts appearance
- Better search capabilities
- Send to OneNote
- Improved Account Settings UI
- Ribbon bars
- More colors for categories
- “Shades of red” follow-up flags
For more information about Outlook 2007, see Michael Affronti’s blog.