If you are curious to what the upgrade experience is like moving from the Team Suite Trial Edition to the fully-licensed product, David Lemphers has a post with a screen capture that shows it to be relatively painless:
So for those who are running the 180 day VSTS Team Suite eval, and finally do that deal with Mr. B to upgrade their sub, then don’t stress, there is an easy upgrade path.
Speaking of painless upgrades (or mostly harmless at least), see these early reports from people who have installed or upgraded Team Foundation Server RC.
- Just finished my first of 3 migration to TFS RC
- TFS Release Candidate Upgrade and Install, Completed!
- First experiences with TFS RC
- My first 24 hours with the release candidate
- Another RC Team Foundation Server Up and Running