As you may have guessed from my previous post (Team Foundation Installation Guide RC), the release of Team Foundation Server Release Candidate is imminent. In fact, it should be available for download from MSDN Subscriber Downloads sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, February 7).
If you are using Team Foundation Server Beta 3 Refresh in a production environment under the go-live license, and you want to upgrade to Team Foundation Server RC, you’ll need the upgrade utility (available separately) and the instructions in the accompanying upgrade guide.
If you are using Team Foundation Server Beta 3, you must first upgrade to Team Foundation Server Beta 3 Refresh before upgrading to Team Foundation Server RC. You can find the instructions for upgrading to Beta 3 Refresh here.
Here’s an overview of the process you’ll need to follow:
- Backup your server and copy the data to a safe location (that should be a no-brainer).
- Download the Team Foundation Server RC from MSDN Subscriber Downloads.
- Download the Upgrade Utility.
- Read the upgrade guide that is packaged with the Upgrade Utility.
- Uninstall Team Foundation Server Beta 3 Refresh.
- Follow the upgrade instructions, which are included with the Upgrade Utility.
- Install Team Foundation Server RC.
- Complete the post install upgrade instructions, which are included with the Upgrade Utility.
After completing your upgrade, you should:
- Complete the Team Foundation Server RC Installation Survey (you could win a limited edition Team Foundation Server t-shirt).
- Participate in the Team Foundation Server forums:
- Submit feedback in the MSDN Product Feedback Center (please include “Upgrade: ” in the beginning of the title).