Visual Studio Team System
- Extending Visual Studio Team System
Darren Jefford explores Team Foundation extensibility.
- Announcing the MSBuild Toolkit for Visual Studio 2005 RC!
Chris Menegay linked to this post from June, but I’m still curious to see how this can be used to build .NET 1.0 & 1.1 projects using Team Foundation Build.
- VSSDK August CTP Available
However, I don’t think this version of the SDK contains anything new for Team System.
- Team Foundation Watson Reports: We're listening
Jeff Lucovsky reminds you to keep the Watson reports flowing – we use them.
- PDC Pre-Conference on Team System
Several people have told me they’re surprised by the limited coverage of Team System. The PDC, as in the past, will mostly cover future products.
- Value of Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Studio WikiSheets
Craig Neable explores a new medium for evangelizing Visual Studio. Carter Maslan has some more info, too [What’s a High Five Wiki Sheet?]. Jonathan Hardwick shares his thoughts on this idea.
- Installing the Team System Data Tier for the July CTP
As Dave Bost notes, SQL Server 2005 June CTP shouldn’t be installed on a domain controller. If you’re trying to install the July CTP using only 2 computers, place the domain controller on the application tier – but don’t forget this about Windows SharePoint Services & domain controllers. Richard Hundhausen shares some options.
- Victoria .NET UG VSTS Topics Anyone?
Joel Semeniuk is heading to Victoria, BC to talk about Team System; if you’ll be there, be sure to let him know what you want to hear about.
- Busy week – July CTP installed
Dave McKinstry shares his July CTP installation experience.
- Installing Team System July build & Error 32000 installing Team System July Application Tier
Jeremy Boyd, a Microsoft Regional Director in New Zealand, describes his installation experience.
- update: Team System Pricing != point-hair-brained move
After some thoughtful consideration, Steve Hebert changes his opinion about Team System pricing.
- Melbourne Team System User Group
Joe Sango starts what I think is the first user group dedicated to Team System.
- Upcoming changes to Subscriber Downloads site
Watch Andy Boyd’s blog for information about some updates to the MSDN Subscriber Downloads site.
- SCM and Team System, a marriage made in heaven?
Last month, Steven Wilssens took a look at Team Foundation version control. I’ve since added his excellent blog to my news reader.
- Beta 3 request is now official - Developers it's time to vote & Thanks for your vote and continue
As Paschal Leloup notes, Clint Stotesbery submitted feedback requesting a Beta 3 for Visual Studio 2005. You can read more on TheServerSide.net and InfoWorld.
- Updated VS 2005 uninstall instructions for beta 2 and post beta 2 CTPs
Aaron “Mr. Setup” Stebner, provides some guidance on uninstalling recent prereleases.
My Team System Posts
- Suggested Reading - 2005-07-31
- CMMI Certification Using Team System
- How to Get Team Foundation Functionality in Visual Studio
- MSF for CMMI Process Improvement and Agile can Coexist
- Update for Team Foundation Server (proxy) - Registry Mods
- Installing Team Foundation Server Proxy and @H_APPLICATION_NAME@
- Team Suite with Team Explorer (July CTP) on Windows Vista (Beta 1)
- Fixing Reporting Services Errors (rsWrongItemType) in July CTP
- MSF for CMMI Process Improvement Webcast & Chat
- Details on the MSF for CMMI Process Improvement Webcast & Chat
- World's First Team System User Group?
- MSDN Webcast: Increasing the Acceleration of Problem Resolution in Visual Studio Team System
- 2nd Edition of the IASA Perspectives Available
And don’t miss my Jerry Maguire moment:
Eric Jarvi’s VSTS Tips
- VSTS Tip: how to write the perfect bug report
- VSTS Tip: threshold violations
- VSTS Tip: Finding Where Things Are
- VSTS Tip: Use Team Test to create test lists
- VSTS Tip: watch your language when creating unit tests
- VSTS Tip: profiling windows services
- VSTS Tip: creating new test projects on the July CTP
- VSTS Tip: the vocabulary of CTP, Beta, RC, RTM