A compiled list from the various teams of some (not all) changes in Team Foundation for July CTP.
Team Projects & Portal Sites
- Improved error reporting, and rollback/deletion of a project that wasn’t successfully created.
- Windows SharePoint Services site templates are now built on the standard Windows SharePoint Services site definition instead of our own custom site definition, so they’re a little more stable (there were a number of Beta 2 issues around this).
- Enhanced copy behavior.
- Can open files read-only, or for edit (it used to be only for edit). Read-only is now the default.
- More Process Guidance launch points.
- Improved sync between Solution Explorer and Team Explorer.
Team Foundation Version Control
- Team Foundation Server (proxy) for optimization of distributed team scenarios.
- Improvements to the “resolve conflicts” user experience.
- New option on the Shelve dialog box to “Evaluate policies and check-in notes before shelving”.
Team Foundation Work Item Tracking
- You don’t have to wait 30 mins for security and classification changes to sync.
- All the fields can now be localized, including system fields.
- You can delete fields.
- When editing work item types, WITImport will prevent you from renaming fields in use elsewhere by accident.
- Renamed and trimmed down the elements of the data warehouse cube.
- Restructured the cube to facilitate analyzing information from across Team System components.
- Re-authored MSF for Agile Software Development reports to work with the new cube structure.
- Added most reports that will be present for RTM.
Microsoft Office 2003 Integration
- Many performance improvements.
- You can round-trip long text fields between Microsoft Office Excel 2003 and Team Foundation Server.
- You can link a list object to a query in Microsoft Office Excel 2003.