Visual Studio Team System
- According to my sources, the Team System VPC that was distributed to TechEd attendees in the US and Europe will be available for download sometime this week.
- Soma blogged about Team System’s contribution to distributed development productivity.
- At TechEd Europe, more information was released about the Team System/SQL Server/BizTalk Server launch event in November. You can find more coverage at uk.builder.com.
- An alpha version of the consolidated SDK for Visual Studio technologies is available for download [via Allen Denver’s blog]. Meanwhile, Jim Glass is working on how to package the accompanying documentation.
- Eric Jarvi shares a good tip – subscribe to the Team System forum RSS feeds.
- Neno Loje has started a Team System blog as a companion to his Team System page.
- The Microsoft UK team has created Microsoft Developer Road Trip CD for your listening pleasure. Here’s a shortcut to the Team System track, you should consider downloading the whole CD.
- Korby Parnell has coverage of Team System at TechEd Europe.
- Although it’s a bit on the pessimistic side, there’s this article (no byline) in CIO Today about Team System.
- Mike Burner has an article on software development modeling in the Architecture Resource Center.
- The Architecture Resource Center has a master list of related blogs, too.
- Edward Bakker has some SOA guidance.
- Martin Fowler on ServiceOrientedAmbiguity.
- Ralf Westphal has an interesting comparison for the shift to SOA.
- Jeroen van den Bos has coverage of SOA at TechEd Europe.
- As I blogged earlier, Marcus Mac Innes has great coverage, too.
- Gianpaolo has started a series of articles on the 5 pillars of connected systems (I, II).
- Windows IT Pro Magazine has an article on the Profiler in Team Edition for Developers.
- Eric Jarvi has a post about ASP.NET code analysis missing line number information.
- James Newkirk has released v0.4 of his NUnit Converter.
- Brian Button shares more of his Team System unit testing learnings.
- Owen Allen blogs about a user group presentation on unit testing.
- Heath Stewart has a book review of the Microsoft Press title, Threat Modeling.
- Register now for an upcoming (8/11 at 11AM PDT) webcast on Implementing Security in the Development Lifecycle.
- David Anderson has several great posts on the Agile Management blog:
- MSF for CMMI Process Improvement
- CMMI and the Declaration of Interdependence (Joel agrees)
- It's Time to Declare Victory
- Agile Fence Painting
- MSF for CMMI Process Improvement
- Udi Dahan explains that programmers don’t make projects fail.
- Randy Miller blogs about the power of integration.
- Back in May, Andrew MacNeill shared a FoxPro user’s impressions of MSF.
- Brad Appleton encourages a look at Feature-Driven Development (FDD) as an alternative to XP.
- Dave McKinstry blogs about the recently unveiled MSF for CMMI Process Improvement and compares it to MSF for Agile Software Development. Arnon Rotem-Gal-Oz blogs about it, too.
- According to Howard van Rooijen, Conchango loves agile.
Team Software Development
- Abhinaba Basu has a post that covers renaming, deleting or hiding a build type.
- Sam Gentile blogs on adding users to the Namespace Administrators application group.
- Korby Parnell covers the TechEd Europe breakout session on Team Foundation version control.
- John Morris reports that he is now working on Team Foundation version control.
- Manish Agarwal, a developer on the Team Foundation Build team has started blogging.
- Brad Appleton is seeking the principles of software change management.
- Richard Hundhausen, author of Introducing Visual Studio 2005 Team System Beta, has posted his presentation materials from TechEd Europe.
- Roy Osherove blogs about performance vs. testability and semi-virtual method calls.
- Paul Gielens was anxious to see Roy Osherove present at TechEd Europe and links to Roy’s Testing Guidelines.
- John Long considers whether he is a tester who writes software, or a developer who tests.
- Brian Marick blogs about breaking tests for understanding and the actual lesson learned.
Team System Workshop
- The MSF for CMMI Process Improvement workbench led by David Anderson is open for business.
- Tom Hollander blogs about James Newkirk’s use of the Guidance Automation Toolkit in the NUnit Converter.
- Edward Bakker has a couple of posts on Software Factories based on the presentations he attended and discussions he had at TechEd Europe:
My Team System Posts