Visual Studio Team System
- The big news around Team System at the moment is the announcement on Rick LaPlante’s blog [listening to customers] and elsewhere about changes to the pricing and licensing of Team Foundation Server, and Team Suite upgrade pricing. You can also read about it on the News.com Microsoft blog [Microsoft lowers planned team tool price] and on Microsoft Watch [Microsoft Bends (a Bit) on Visual Studio Team Issues]. The news was well-received by many, but there’s still some people that are concerned about the whole-package pricing.
- eWeek [‘Hawaii’: A Visual Studio Paradise for Developers?] and Microsoft Watch [Visual Studio ‘Orcas’ and ‘Hawaii’ in the Wings] are reporting on future versions of Visual Studio, “Orcas” and “Hawaii”. Despite what the eWeek article states, I’m highly skeptical that a division-wide ship party for “Hawaii” will involve an airline ticket to attend.
- Prashant Sridharan presented the keynote at VSLive! in Las Vegas. Richard Hundhausen has coverage of his speech [VSLive! Keynote by Prashant Sridharan “Building a Customer-Focused Visual Studio”].
- Grace Francisco, a Technical Evangelist for Team System, has launched her blog: Graceworld.
- Dave Bost posted his “Introduction to Team System” slides from the Chicago Day of .NET [My Day of .NET Slides] a couple of weeks ago, which I meant to link to sooner.
- Aaron Stebner has a post to help those that are trying to install Beta 2 on machines that once had CTP or older bits [How to resolve Visual Studio 2005 IDE errors after uninstalling previous betas].
- The Accentient blog with Steven Borg & Richard Hundhausen should be on your reading list. They’ve had a lot of worthwhile posts on Team System lately [Team System category]. This gave me a chuckle.
- Back in January [New Team System Stuff – 2005-01-17] I pointed to some articles on DNJ Online, which have since been updated and expanded to cover Team System, Team Foundation Server and each of the role-based editions [Visual Studio Team System].
My Team System Posts
- Five-User Team Foundation Server included with Visual Studio Team System Role-Based Editions
- Is your Team Foundation Server data tier getting hammered?
- Latest MSF for Agile Software Development is Available for Download
- New Readme Item for the Team Foundation Server Readme
- On-Demand Team System Webcasts from the Experts
- Upcoming Team System Events
- A Hitchhiker’s Guide to VSTS – Translated (now in Russian & soon in German)
- Ali Pasha – Why do ASP.NET WebService and ASP.NET WebApplication look alike on the Application Designer?
- Eileen Brown – DSI Demo
- AmberPoint – AmberPoint Developer’s Edition Software Ships with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
- In this post [New Team System Stuff – 2005-04-11] I blogged about a new series of articles that John Cunningham announced. The next in the series, Off-Road Profiling of ASP.NET Applications by David Gray, is now online.
- Scott Dockendorf – VSTS Unit Testing & Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta
- Scott Densmore – Visual Studio Team Developer – Undocumented feature in Unit Testing
- Class Designer Team – Orphan Shape in the Class Designer
- Chris Rathjen – To catch a cracker…
- Randy Miller – Agile Software Development for Projects Large and Small
- For those that are looking for the first release of MSF for CMMI(r) Process Improvement (Another MSF agile release, but still no sign of it’s big brother), all I can say is that it is coming very soon. Be sure to watch David Anderson’s blog.
Team Software Development
- The Accentient blog has coverage of DeleteTeamProject.exe [here & here].
- Aldo Donetti – Team Foundation Internationalization
- Langleyben Leon – Scheduling build in Team System beta 2
- Akash – VSS Converter on VPC
- Adam Singer – /map marks the spot
- Don’t like my Installation Guide? Try this New Fancy Guide for Installing Visual Studio Team Foundation 2005 Beta2. Also, see his Simplify Authorization for Team Project Creation [via Mickey Gousset].
- Buck Hodges – Team Foundation Hardware Requirements
- S. Somasegar – Source Control in VS2005
- Dave Bost – Things I Learned in Today’s Team Foundation Chat
- Omar Villarreal – Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 Must-do’s