If you weren’t satisfied with my explanation of Team System pricing and licensing [A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Visual Studio 2005 Team System, Part II], or you don’t want to wait for my next installment of the Guide, watch part 2 of this Channel 9 video with Rick LaPlante.
In this video, Rick addresses the six key questions that arose following the pricing and licensing announcement:
- What about the little guy?
- Why are you raising the price of MSDN Universal?
- Why don’t I get the server when I buy the client?
- If you were a consultant, what would you buy?
- If I do all of the roles, which product do I buy?
- Didn’t the “universal” in MSDN Universal mean I get everything?
At the end of the video, you can learn more about the Beta 2 Go Live license and what that means to the Whidbey product release.