A few days ago I blogged about my NewsGator problems [Bitten by NewsGator]. In response to that post, I’ve received quite a few comments and e-mail with alternative product recommendations (Thanks, everyone!).
Top 10 Suggestions (in no particular order)
- Bloglines (Web App)
- Onfolio (Windows App, Deskbar, IE Explorer Bar)
- JetBrains OmeaReader (Windows App)
- RSS Bandit (Windows App)
- SharpReader (Windows App)
- Pluck (Web, IE Explorer Bar)
- RSS Popper (Outlook Add-In)
- FeedDemon (Windows App)
- You Subscribe: RSS (Outlook Add-In)
- intraVnews (Outlook Add-In)
When I searched for an RSS news reader last year, I found Outlook Add-Ins worked best with my daily routine. Despite that, I did give some of the stand-alone Windows applications another try. I even considered trying the Web-based solutions, but I need an off-line solution, too.
After a few days, I found that I still prefer an Outlook Add-In. That leaves me with either RSS Popper, You Subscribe: RSS, intraVnews, or simply sticking with NewsGator and maintaining vigilant OPML backups.
In a few days I’ll let you know how it goes…