Visual Studio Team System
- Paul D. Murphy offers his evaluation of a recent build of Team System in this post (Oh man is Team System sweet).
- I have a post in which Soma explains the general philosophy behind Team System (Soma: Philosophy Behind Team System) and the initial list of Team System sessions at TechEd 2005 USA (Team System Sessions at TechEd 2005 in Orlando).
- Harry Pierson makes the connection between software factories and frameworks and offers his thoughts in this post (Thoughts on Factories).
- Also, see this post from Harry, which links to one from Steve Maine that addresses the services as contracts vs. services as code debate.
- Martin Fowler on enhancing agility through discipline (AbundantMutation).
- Adam Gallant has posted the deployment report he promised (For Rob, Thanks for the Reminder!).
- Steve Carroll has a post that takes a look at the inner workings of code coverage and explains the difference between tracking coverage of code blocks vs. lines of source code (Line Coverage).
- Steve is seeking your feedback about how you use code coverage metrics and how you determine when your code is adequately covered (Quick Survey: Coverage metrics).
- Tim Hibbard has a review of Tech Expo 2005, where Jon Box presented on Team System (Tech Expo 2005).
- James Asher likes what he saw of Team System at VSLive! last week (VSLive – Monday).
- SPA2005 session in Bedfordshire, England this April: Software Factories: domain-specific process, tools, and language presented by Alan Cameron Wills & Gareth Jones.
- Also in the UK, you can learn more about Team System from Technical Roadshow 2005. See this post from Eileen Brown (Technical Roadshow 2005 - UK dates).
In the News
- SD Times : The Challenge of Partnering With Microsoft and be sure to read Eric Sink’s post about the article (SD Times article on Allerton).
- David Boschman has a post about a diagram Sam Newman posted yesterday that illustrates the Agile Release Process and then points out how Team System provides most of the pieces shown (The Agile Release Process).
- Jake Lawlor has a post that dives into what’s involved with using an agile process to manage your software development project (Portrait Of An Agile Development Process) [via Wayne Allen].
- David Anderson has posted what promises to be the first in a series of posts about the Declaration of Interdependence (Thoughts on DOI #1 - Flow).
Team Software Development
- Jason Barile, the lead tester for Team Foundation version control wants to know, What does your SCC system do (or not do) today you wish it would do differently?
- If you’re using the December CTP, Adam Singer (a developer on Team Foundation version control) wants to know how you prefer to use version control – command line or integrated (Weapon of Choice)?
- And Elyasse Elyacoubi, who works on setup for Team Foundation, bravely asks the question, How was your experience setting up VSTF [Visual Studio Team Foundation]?
- Johan Danforth prefers a self-mixed testing cocktail, taking the parts of TDD that he finds valuable along with other approaches (TDD: Who is testing the tester?).