Visual Studio Team System
- Mickey Gousset continues his exploration of the Team System December CTP with this post on working with Team Foundation version control (Creating A Project And Adding It To Source Control).
- Steven Borg has posted copies of the expert and guest chats from the Team Architect chat that was held on Wednesday, February 2nd:
- VSTS Chat Transcript (Experts) – Team Architect – February 2, 2005
- VSTS Chat Transcript (Group Chat) – Team Architect – February 2, 2005
- PatternShare has made it to Martin Fowler’s bliki (PatternShare).
- Matt Pietrek has posted his collected experience using DBGHELP in his code to access and read PDB symbols created with Visual Studio 2005 (Visual Studio 2005 (Whidbey) and Programs Using DBGHELP). And why does the PDB format change with every release? See this post from Matt (Why does the PDB format change every release?).
- 2/22 : Christopher Bowen is presenting on unit testing (NUnit & Team System) at the Connecticut .NET User Group (Upcoming .NET Developer Events in Greater Boston).
- “When in the Course of human events…” David Anderson and fourteen of his fellow thought leaders in management and agility (Agile Project Management) want you to burn your PMBOK guide (Declaration of Interdependence)! His blog, Agile Management, has been nominated as Best Project Management Blog in The 2005 Business Blogging Awards.
- Randy Miller, Program Manager for MSF Agile, has a post on getting into the right mindset for using MSF Agile (Delivering the MSF Agile Mindset).
- Darrell Norton has compiled a list of Chris Flaat’s Scrum-related posts (Scrum at Microsoft).
- Dino Esposito learns something new about himself (I’m agile and extreme (and I didn’t know it)).
Team Software Development
- Jeff Lucovsky, a developer working on Team Foundation version control, has joined the blogging world (Introduction). In his first technical post, Jeff dives deep into BisRegEdit and explains how it is sometimes blamed for setup failures (Why BisRegEdit is sometimes the reported culprit of a failed install.).
Adam Gallant starts to tease apart a process template (specifically, MSF Agile) to see how it works when creating a team project (Exploring Visual Studio Team System Plumbing…), which includes the SharePoint site template mentioned by Bill Gates in this post on Microsoft Watch (Gates Pins Hopes on SharePoint).
Mat Stephen has a quick blogcast on creating your own reports (Blogcast – Creating a simple SQL Server Reporting Services report using the Report Wizard).
- Sara Ford has a post with links to the videos she made with Channel 9 that take a look at software testing in Developer Division (Channel 9 videos of me talking about our Test Case Management System (Maddog) and analyzing failures in a run).
- Andrew Stopford has written an article on test iteration, which you can access from this blog post (Unit Testing, why test iteration).
- Need another perspective on testing at Microsoft? See this post from Santosh Zachariah (It’s not sexy. But it sure is fun.).
- Need to get caught up on testing in Team System? Noah Weichbrodt has put together a short post with some good links (A Small Primer on Unit Testing Using Visual Studio Team System 2005).