Visual Studio Team System
- Peter Varhol, a Java Pro columnist, shares his thoughts on Team System in this post (Microsoft Team System Combines Established With New) on FTPOnline. I can’t say that I agree with everything he has to say about Team System, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. You decide.
- It sounds like Team System was well-received at Developer & IT Pro Days. See this post (Dev & IT Pro Days – Day 2) from Pieter Gheysens and this one (Dev & IT Pro days 2005) from Sven Cipido.
- Mickey Gousset has a couple more posts as he continues to evaluate the December CTP release of Team System:
- After reading Chris Wensel’s proposal on stress-driven architecture (Stress Early, Stress Often), Gareth Jones wrote up his thoughts in this post (Stress-driven development).
- Learn more about PatternShare in this post (PatternShare) from Harry Pierson.
- Steve Cook recently spoke at the British Computer Society’s SPA Architecture Day. He has a post (Software Practice Advancement) with a link to more info & slides from sessions of interest.
- The transcripts from the Enterprise Developer and Test chats held in mid-January are available online:
- 2/10 : Jon Box is presenting on Team System (Team Development and Software Quality) at TechExpo 2005 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- 3/8–10 : The Canadian Strategic Architect Forum 2005 is being held at Microsoft in Redmond, WA in March. For more information, see this post (Canadian Strategic Architect Forum 2005) from Guy Barrette and this site (Canadian Strategic Architect Forum).
- 3/14–16 : patterns & practices Summit ~ United States – West Coast [via G. Andrew Duthie]
- 4/19–21 : patterns & practices Summit ~ Europe
- David Anderson blogs about “…a simple but powerful mechanism…” he’ll be using again (Test First Meeting Facilitation).
- Chris Flaat is currently working on a project that’s employing scrum. Read about his experience in this post (Continued use of Scrum).
- Ever hear of Maverick Development? Darrell Norton has a post (Maverick Development: an agile methodology) with more info.
Team Software Development
- Sam Jarawan, a developer on Team Foundation, is now blogging (Please welcome me to blogworld). In this post (No bugs to fix?) he talks about ZBB (Zero Bug Bounce).
- Buck Hodges has posted some handy documentation:
- Team Foundation Version Control command line summary
- Team Foundation Version Control Command Line Reference document
- Saravana Kumar has posted a workaround for a known issue in the December CTP release of Team System (Solution: Microsoft.Pcw.currituck fails with error: “Access Denied: Not a system user”). He previously discussed this issue when he found it in the Beta 1 Refresh release (Solution: Unexpected error during portfolio creation in Visual Studio Team System).
Check out this Channel 9 video with Sara Ford talking about our test case management system, Maddog.