Visual Studio Team System
- I can’t wait to see some of the content being developed for the Visual Studio 2005 Team System Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC). According to this post (Welcome to Martin Danner!), Martin Danner is working on it with Steven Borg.
- The Distributed System Designers in Team Architect Edition are part of Microsoft’s Dynamic Systems Initiative (DSI). See this post (DSI – Dynamic Systems Initiative: A must understand!) from Mischa Runsink for links to DSI resources to learn more.
In the News
- Darryl Taft of eWeek has an article on the forthcoming Beta 2 release of Visual Studio (Visual Studio 2005 Nears Second Beta, ‘Go Live’ Status).
- Roy Osherove recently interviewed Juval Löwy for Team Agile ([Interview] Juval Löwy on great architects and project management). You can download an MP3 of the interview from that site (Juval Löwy – Great architects and management, January 18, 2005).
Team Software Development
- Buck Hodges has a post (Team Foundation Source Control client API example) that provides some sample code that exercises various aspects of the Team Foundation Version Control API in the Team System December CTP. It has Dave Bost ready to start coding (Getting Started with the Team Foundation Source Control API).
- Buck’s colleague, Jason Barile, has a post (Grab your map and cloak, we’re looking at the workfold command) that dives into the guts of the workfold (working folder) command in Team Foundation Version Control. I’m hoping he’ll continue the series by covering all of the commands in such detail. Be sure to leave him some comments as encouragement.