Visual Studio Team System
- FTP's VSLive! in San Francisco is offering a post-conference, full-day workshop led by Brian Randell on Visual Studio Team System.
- Mike Holdorf has been working with Jonathan Summers to get the Dec CTP up and running using Virtual Server. He’s been taking a look at the Distributed System Designers in Team Architect Edition (Visual Studio Team System).
- Ali Pasha is fast becoming Team Architect Edition’s most prolific blogger. First, he has a post on support for “Cassini” Web server sites in the Distributed System Designers (New Beta 2 Feature: File-system based web applications are now supported on the Distributed System Designer). Next, he provides some more information about Team Architect Edition representation at the forthcoming Web Services Edge Conference in Boston (Web Services Edge Conference - Our participation...).
- Pedro Silva, a developer on the Distributed System Designers, has also started blogging (What Happened to Whitehorse?).
- As you may know, the Visual Studio Class Designer available in Visual Studio Standard, Professional, Team Architect, Team Developer, Team Test and Team Suite Editions. The Class Designer is developed by the same team that’s bringing you the Distributed System Designers. R.Ramesh has a Beta 2 preview of what to expect (Class Designer: What's new in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2?).
- The Code Analysis Team has a post about FxCop support in ASP.NET (Code Analysis and Web Projects).
- Meanwhile, the Enterprise Performance Tools Team wants to let you know they’re listening in the Whidbey newsgroups (we've got a newsgroup).
- David Anderson has contributed a couple more posts on his Agile Management blog:
Team Software Development
- Buck Hodges blogs about some problems working with large files in Team Foundation Version Control (Problems with large files and the Dec. CTP in Team Foundation Version Control), which his team is rectifying.
- I blogged about it before, but it’s worth another hit and John Lawrence agrees (Team Foundation article posted on .NET Developer's Journal) – be sure to check-out the January issue of .NET Developer’s Journal, which is all Team System.
- Dave Bost lends a hand with a Team Foundation Server install problem (Team System App Tier Install - Invalid username).
- Chat with members of the Team Foundation team of Visual Studio Team System. They'll be answering questions and discussing their suite of source control, work item tracking, Excel and Project integration, reporting, Windows SharePoint Services integration, and build automation tools.
- An interesting article in the February 2005 issue of MSDN Magazine from Will Stott on functional testing using Microsoft Excel (Testing: Get Your Customers Involved in the Testing Process with Functional Tests in Excel). The kicker? Getting your customer to write the tests.
- I’ve linked often to Sara Ford’s great testing-related posts, so I thought I’d help spread her request for suggested testing topics to blog about (What software testing topics do you want to hear more about?). How about giving the Team System December CTP a look?
- Gareth Jones points out the need to install Visual C++ and Visual C# (and the why) when installing Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 (or Beta 1 Refresh) to use the December CTP of the DSL Tools (December DSL Tools CTP requires Visual C# and Visual C++).