Visual Studio Team System
- The January issue of .NET Developer’s Journal is jam-packed with articles on Team System.
- Chris Menegay has cross posted some information about the December CTP (Some notes on Dec. CTP and VSTS) that he originally posted in the newsgroups.
- The Developer Division Release Team posted some information (Whidbey Security Push Progress) about the Whidbey security push and the tools (FxCop & PREfast) they used to identify issues, which you can use in the December CTP.
- Jonathan Summers writes about his technical goals for 2005 (Focus on 2005), which includes focusing on Team System. It’s good to hear the installation challenges of these pre-Beta CTPs haven’t dissuaded him.
- Ben Riga helps make the argument for software tool companies to extend Team System (.NET Reality Check).
- Ali Pasha has some new posts on the Distributed System Designers:
- John Cunningham is heading to Europe and he plans to talk about Team System when he gets there (The Beta2 push, and Team System in Europe).
- John’s team, the Enterprise Performance Tools Team has posted a link to a “Great primer on the art of analyzing storage subsystem performance.” (Disk Subsystem Performance Analysis for Windows)
- The Team System Dev & Test tools team held a chat (http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/) last night and this morning. Stay tuned for chat transcripts if you missed them.
- David Anderson has a couple of new posts, one apiece for agile and formal methods:
- Roy Osherove talks about a post from Rachel Davies (Agile Deployment – how to avoid the muppetry) on the topic of “Agile Deployment” in this post (Agile Deployment).
Team Software Development
- Eric Sink has announced that his company, SourceGear, is working on a product for bringing Team Foundation to the Linux/Solaris/MacOS crowd (SourceGear announces Project “Allerton”).
- John Lawrence has a post that explains the Team Explorer node names you’ll see in the December CTP (Team Explorer folder names in Dec Team System CTP).
- Sam Mullis is blogging again (Back In Blog – love that title) and has provided a workaround for a bug in the Team Foundation Version Control merge functionality (Manual Merge Issue Workaround in Visual Studio Team System December CTP).
- Brian White is interested in hearing your feedback about some assumptions we’re making about deploying Team Foundation (Team Foundation Deployment Topologies).
- Scott Dockendorf spreads the news about some forthcoming functionality in Team System Unit Testing (Microsoft plans to add Debugging Support to Unit Tests in Whidbey).