Ask Burton FAQ Meets Community Solutions Content
MVPs have the ability to publish what is known as Community Solutions Content in the Knowledgebase on Microsoft Help and Support. But what do you do with a KB article for a product that hasn’t even shipped its first Beta release? Recently, I received an e-mail from Madhusudhanan Padmanabhan, an MVP in India (by way of Josh Ledgard, Kunal Sikka and Abhishek Kant) with a community solution for an error that may occur during Team Foundation setup. With Madhusudhanan’s permission, we decided to post it to the Ask Burton blog’s FAQ category (Q: During Team Foundation Server Setup I get the following error: 26403. What’s wrong?).
Strategic Architect Forum IV
In my previous post (New Team System Stuff – 2004-10-11), I mentioned a gathering of architects here in Redmond. Harry Pierson, the voice of the .NET Architecture Dev Center, has more information on this event (Strategic Architect Forum IV). Harry also has news on the new Architect MVPs (Architect MVPs).
For some additional coverage of the Forum:
- David Solivan: Strategic Architect Forum IV: Day 2
- Dave Welsh: WSE, Interop & Integration, Indigo – BizTalk – SQLServer, … and messaging
- Alain Leroy: Software factories …
On Tuesday, I finally had the pleasure of meeting David Anderson. He has a book, site and blog dedicated to the subject of Agile Management for software engineering. David is part of the mindshare working on the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) process guidance in Visual Studio Team System. For more information on that, see Visual Studio 2005 Team System: Microsoft Solutions Framework.
Upcoming Events (New Events)
Want to hear more about Team System? Here are some upcoming events where Visual Studio Team System is on the agenda:
- Sunday, October 17th – Code Camp II (Day 2): Waltham, MA
- Wednesday, October 20th – Partner Developer Dinner: Reston, VA
- Wednesday, October 20th – Fort Worth .NET User’s Group: Fort Worth, TX
- Tuesday, October 26th – VBUG Support Meeting: Ipswich, UK
- Monday, November 1st – Montreal Visual Studio User Group: Montreal, QC
Got an event you’d like me to include here? Contact me.