If you're into WinFX, then you've heard by now that the February CTP (Community Tech Preview) is out and about.
Mike Swanson, among many others, provided the full list of links you'll need.
Mike had mentioned that the there are performance improvements in this version, so I waited to write this 'til I got a chance to see for myself. I finally got around to it, and boy, he wasn't joking. It runs a lot smoother.
Borrowed from Mike, here is the full list of links you'll need:
- WinFX Runtime Components - everything you need to run WinFX applications
- Windows SDK - for the developer documentation, tools, samples, etc.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code Name “Orcas” Community Technology Preview - Development Tools for WinFX - a terribly long and confusing name for the software that adds IntelliSense, new project types, and "Cider" to Visual Studio 2005
- Visual Studio Extensions for Workflow
- WinFX Runtime Components February CTP Release Notes - also worth checking out
- The Expression Team talk about the current status of Expression Interactive Designer.
Also, this is not a joke: If you have a prior version of WinFX installed on your computer, be sure to follow the uninstall procedures. Don't try uninstalling manually (like I did) - it didn't work for me, and this tool cleans up the whole shebang, quick and easy.