The RMS team is excited to share with you the General Availability (GA) versions of our Android, iOS and OS X SDK 4.0! The new and powerful SDK 4.0 adds new features and capabilities that provide you all the control and flexibility that you need to build the most amazing apps using Microsoft Rights Management services.
So, What's new in SDK v4.0?
- AD RMS support - IT admins can use RMS enabled applications on mobile devices with the new AD RMS server's mobile device extensions.
NOTE: If you receive an error, you haven’t registered on Microsoft Connect. To register: go to www.connect.microsoft.com, sign in with your Microsoft Account > Directory> Search for Rights Management Services > Join.
- Offline Consumption - end-users can access RMS protected data offline.
- Segregated Authentication - developers can use their own authentication library for Azure RMS and AD RMS (or use the recommended Active Directory Auth Library).
- Segregated UI - developers can build their user interface to protect and consume RMS protected documents.
- Re-designed API - developers can now enjoy simple and transparent encryption and decryption API, which provides consistent RMS behaviors and user experience, in minimum efforts.
We will also be building UI libraries for all platforms so that you can focus on your app functionality. Download the Android UI library and sample app here https://github.com/AzureAD/rms-sdk-ui-for-android. We will update you when the UI libraries become available for more platforms
Developer documentation with easy get-started process and sample apps for the following operating systems:
- Google Android
- Apple iOS
- Mac OS X
Windows RT and Windows Phone SDK are going to be in Preview 2 in the next few days.
Also, here are some direct links for downloading our new SDKs:
- SDK 4.0 for Android: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/download/details.aspx?id=43673
- SDK 4.0 for iOS: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43674
- SDK 4.0 for OS X: http://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=43675
For information on the Windows Client version, see our blog post on the RMS SDK 2.1.
Orientation, Support and Feedback
We are ready and able to help with your applications and implementation questions as well as eager to receive your feedback - Ask the RMS Info Protection Team. See the Community resources topic in our devices SDK for details.
Note: RMS SDK 4.0 supersedes RMS SDK 3.0. RMS SDK 3.0 is deprecated starting now.Going forward, please use the RMS SDK 4.0 version of Rights Management Services.