My Last Post

A few months ago I wrote this post about my diagnosis with Adiposis Dolorosa (Dercum’s Disease). After writing it I had a brief reprieve from the symptoms and for a while I was able to work part time.  Then in September I had surgery to remove some of the tumors.  For some unknown reason this caused the disease to progress rapidly.  I have now reached the point where I can no longer work at all.  Not only that, I cannot even live on my own and take care of myself.  I have had to move in with my mother so she can take care of me.  I miss my work terribly and I see email from many of you asking questions about this or that but I am unable to answer them.

As for the future, no one really knows what this disease will do to me in the long run.  The doctors have been very surprised to see this devastating impact so quickly.  Not only is this disease causing a great deal of pain, it is also attacking my brain making it very difficult to do even simple tasks.

Over the years I have seen farewell blog posts from many of my colleagues at Microsoft.  Most are moving on to bigger and better things.  I wish this was the case for me.  Unfortunately it is not.

1. Keith Z says:

Ron, thanks for EVERYTHING! I'm sure you've helped more than you'll ever know.

2. Ricardo Peres says:

Man, I wish you all the best! Thanks for your posts!

3. YahooJames says:

Ron, I am saddened to hear your condition has not improved.  Please continue to keep us informed of your progress.  Hoping for the best and more WF posts from you in the future.

4. Vel says:

I'm very sorry to hear your condition.  Wish you and your family the best.

5. German says:

Ron, I´m really sorry to hear that. I don´t even know you but I´ve been following your posts over the last years and I really enjoyed and learned quite a lot. I wish you all the best!

6. RonG says:

Sorry to hear that Ron.  Just take are of yourself and enjoy what ever you can.  I hope you get better.  Prayers go with you.  Also thanks for your past works you have touched many in this industry.  Take pride in that.

7. Shai Bar-Lev says:

Ron , we usually met at conferences or when you visited Israel , you were always so optimistic and full of life and passion about what you were doing at that time, I wish you all the best , and will pray for your health.

8. piet says:

Thanks I liked your post and the podcast.

9. Josh Reuben says:

I learned much from you – thank you,  and I wish you good health.

10. Tom Chm says:

Thanks for all your help in getting me up to speed on AppFabric and Workflow.  Loved your enthusiasm and passion of Microsoft products!  Prayers go out to you and your family.

11. paul mooney says:

Thanks for your efforts to make sense out of the strange world of software

12. Maurice says:

I hope everything turn out better for you than this suggest.

Thanks for everything you did for me.

13. Eric Golpe says:

Praying for you buddy! I truly hope your pain will be manageable and rest assured we will all strive to carry on your amazing legacy in your (hopefully temporary) absence.

14. Bob Beauchemin says:

Hope things turn around for you, Ron.  All my best wishes.

15. Ershad Nozari says:

Very sad to hear this. I loved your work Ron! All the best wishes'

16. Ron, you are missed. I hope your condition improves.

17. Dennis Elliott says:

Ron, we will continue to pray for you and for the strength needed to carry on. I wish I lived closer.

A body that is afflicted but a strong soul.  This is my prayer for you, to have your soul strengthened by God's great mercy and grace, no matter what the outcome.

18. I'm so sad to hear this news Ron. I wish you all the best for the future. I hope you are able to keep in touch as you are able (Twitter?)

19. Hi Ron,

Very sad to hear about it, I hope things turn for better in coming days..

You have inspired me so much in the couple of times I met you when you were in australia. I hope everything works out  for you.

All the best mate!

20. Isaac says:

Hello Ron,

I was heartened by your post – I have learned so much about WF from you and your code samples.  Just want to say "Thank you" and wish to see you in Bldg 18, blogging and recording videos again in the future.

My prayer with you and your family.

21. Jeff Sexton says:

Ron, I am blessed with memories of a dedicated conscientious young piano player/road manager whose life God has used to reveal once again that He is good and gracious.  God's peace to you, my brother.

22. StefS says:

Hi Ron,

I just wanted to pass on a heart felt thank you for all your help and guidance. It was always a pleasure meeting you and a fun role reversal to present at TechEd with you in the audience. My thoughts are with you and I hope for the best for you. I will always be in your debt.

23. Henry says:

Ron, it is heartening to see you leave this way. I want to thank you for all your dedicated work, all the help and guidance you've been giving all these years. I wish you all the best and as many good times as possible.

24. Mehdi Torkamani says:

Dear friend,

No one can predict what will come even one second later, don't loose your hope. Although life is worthy when we share time. I'm sure we all, have had great moments with you. Thanks for everything, take care!

25. May be ask your doctor to investigate some another diagnosis, which can be closely to this one? Just make a pause, take the good rest for one or two years. Often this kind of mood, reasoned by desease, can be more distructive than the desease itself.

We are using your very usefull posts, Ron. We need your magic and we hope all things are not so sad. Keep us informed. We will be waiting for your return.

26. Sir, you write the best WF tutorials. I hope that you'll get better soon.

Take care.

27. Ron thanks for illuminating our way, I hope your best health, best wishes …

28. Thanks for all the great work you've done, and I wish you and your family all the best…

29. Michael G says:

All the best man! You will be back, you did awesome job and there still more to come!!! Best wishes with you!

30. Anthony van der Hoorn says:

Best of luck in the future mate. My thoughts are with you.

31. Matthew Adams says:

Hey. Hope things turn around for you. Best wishes.

32. Bjorn Agricola says:

Hello Ron, I'm following you for quite some years and it's very sad to hear this.

I really enjoyed reading your professional posts and you really inspired a lot of people around the world.

Best wishes and try to think positive!

33. Suresh says:

I just followed you on blogs and webcast… I always felt you are highly energetic… I hope you get better soon…

34. Hashname says:

Very sad. Hope you get well soon. Take care.

35. Ron – your posts have been among my favorite and I am incredibly sorry to hear that you are suffering from this disease.  Best wishes and you have thousands of people who have never met you wishing for your complete recovery.

36. tibor19 says:

I am very sorry to hear that! I always enjoyed seeing you present with so much passion and always smiling! Get well!

37. cron22 says:

I'm very sorry to hear this, Ron.  You are in my paryers, I'm very sorry to hear this, Ron.  You are in my prayers, and I will miss your posts, for I have followed you since 2011, and I've really liked what you have to offer this community.  You will get better soon, for The Lord God is with you!

38. Aitom says:

Siento mucho leer esto. Le deseo lo mejor y espero que mejore pronto.

39. Jawahar says:

Very sorry to hear about your condition. Hope you get well soon.

40. Dzmitry Tabolich says:

Ron, your articles and all another stuff are very helpful.

You're professional and your ideas and posts will be in my bookmarks for a long time.

I wish you all the best!

41. Stefano Paredes says:

Hello from Colombia

I've just asked you a question , I didn´t know that you are sick…..I really wish you health and success and I'm totally convinced that you'll manage your situation and you'll be better.

42. Pablo Castilla says:

it is a pity to hear this.

Good luck and best wishes

43. Robbie says:

Hi Ron,

I was looking for some of your old content which I still refer to from time to time and I came across this entry. I saw you present at TechEd a few years back and enjoyed the ARCasts. Sounds like there's a long road ahead, but I hope you pull through and get better.

Good luck, and all the best

44. Davi Fiamenghi says:

I wish you the best.

Thanks for everything. You seen to be not only a good professional but also a great person.

Keep in mind that we can always be in a better condition if we try to keep a good mental state

45. Fatih says:

Hi Ron,

I feel very sad to hear that.

Looking forward to seeing a wonderful and healthy you.

46. Keith in OKC says:

Ron,  I'm praying for you and your family.  Thanks for all you have done over the years to help us understand so much.  Christ be with you!

47. Ron, you've been a consistently great colleague, and I wish I had had more of an opportunity to learn from you as a presenter, evangelist, and talk-show host (loved our times on!).  Thanks for everything.  You will be in my prayers.

48. Soni says:

Very sad to hear this. and this is the second bad news I've got today. Hope you get better soon.

49. Index.xp says:

Thank you Ron. I do hope that you get better.