Attended a great session a couple days ago on Commerce Server 2006 by Ryan Donovan at our Microsoft-internal
TechReady conference. Some interesting notes include ...
- Great new function of search in the Orders subsystem is the ability to find records by querying any property of the XSD schema
- User controls for ASP.NET 2.0 and Commerce Server 2006 for standard functions like shopping cart and catalogs. Will be part of Starter Site. Awesome.
- The business toolset for Commerce Server 2006 can be run over the internet if they point to a valid http or https web service URL.
- Powerful integration with SQL Reporting Services allows for a particular report of interest to be scheduled and delivered to your desktop on regular intervals.
- We'll be providing some nice resources to help you implement best practices
- Nice Commerce Server integration story with SharePoint "12" and Content Management "12" via ASP.NET 2.0 and Commerce Server web controls
- Integrated SharePoint search by indexing the catalog web service, which exposes all product
- Fantastic performance numbers including the new ability to host 100 active sites on a single server.
We've done a great job of turning direct customer feedback into tangible product improvements. Like what you hear?
Sign up for the Commerce Server 2006 beta!