I spent a considerable amount of time working on a new version of this module.
1) NEW EASILY EXTENSIBLE AND PAY-AS-YOU-GO ARCHITECTURE!
– There were a ton of feature I was adding. I now moved to a pipeline
architecture that allows me to layer on features as needed.
2) NEW PREFERRED ALGORITHM FEATURE!
– Specify GZip or Deflate
– If client supports both, it uses the preferred algorithm.
3) NEW PATH EXCLUSION FEATURE!
– Ability to specify excluded paths in configuration.
– Supports specifying a path and all sub paths are excluded.
– Can specify specific pages to exclude too.
4) NEW MIME TYPE EXCLUSION FEATURE!
– Ability to specify excluded MIME types in configuration.
– Most of the standard MIME types that should be excluded are
supported in code.
5) NEW HANDLER SUPPRESSION FEATURE!
– Handlers Supported!
AssemblyResourceLoader (i.e. webresource.axd)
TraceHandler (i.e. trace.axd)
– Will make this support any type of handler in the future!
6) NEW COMPRESSION TRACE FEATURE!
– Take a look at requests and know whether they were compressed or not.
– You can look at requests by datetime, path, content type, compression,
7) Enhancements to existing features!
– Better parsing of the Accept Encoding!
– Exclusion of compressed MIME types!
8) And bug fixes!
– Fixed the elusive Null reference bug