To utilize the example code (this will just work with the Instant Messager, not the nudge), navigate to: http://wlmlhelloworld.mslivelabs.com/
Well, let's take a look what we need to do in the immediate future:
1. We have a place to experiment with the Live Instant Messager, you will need to have two IMs to be able to use this to start your experimentation.
2. We need to figure out where we can put our code, I think we can use http://www.popfly.com for your web page hosting, but you will need to download and install VS 2008 Visual Web Dev Express, and then install the Popfly explorer.
3. Follow the instructions at the URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc298455.aspx
Where we are going longer term:
1. We will have to investigate how XNA works, this will gives us easy access to the XBox controller through Windows.
2. Make sure to get an XBox controller, wired for Windows XP, and a cheap way to go for Vista which can use either wired or wireless. But Wireless is very cool.
Finally, as we move into Labor Day weekend, since I don't have many readers, so please make sure to not drink and drive. It is really true that buzz driving is drunk driving, and the fines for DUI are very high, in California the fines and court costs can reach $13,000 or more. Have fun, take chances, but drinking and driving isn't risky it's stupid. Of course if you live in a city with good public transportation like Boston, New York, Seattle or Philadelphia, lucky you.
Work on this project this weekend, we can hook up our code through the Visual Web Dev 2008 with the Popfly Explorer installed, and that is JUST COOL!