Hey PHP and MySQL developers, did you ever wonder how to take full advantage of Windows, IIS and SQL Server? You may be under the impression that breakthrough features like full-text search and smooth streaming are only available to .NET developers, but you would be wrong! It’s time for you to learn why the Microsoft Platform is becoming more and more popular with PHP and MySQL developers.
I am pleased to announce the availability of the PHP on Windows and SQL Server Training Kit February 2011 Update on the Microsoft Download Center. You can download this release at the following URL:
This training kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content including demos and hands-on labs to help you understand how to build PHP applications using Windows, IIS 7.5 and SQL Server 2008 R2. We’ve refreshed the kit to support the latest version of tools, add-ins and drivers, and added some new content as well. Here’s an overview of what’s included:
Hands-On Labs (7)
- IIS 7.5 Access Control Features for PHP
- Updated: Using IIS 7.5 Media Features in a PHP Application (contains new smooth streaming exercise)
- Troubleshooting PHP
- Migrating PHP Applications to IIS 7.5
- Introduction to Using SQL Server with PHP
- Using SQL Server Full-text Search and FILESTREAM Storage with PHP
- New: Getting Started with SQL Server Migration Assistant for MySQL
- Spatial demo
- SQL Server Reporting Services Demo
The training kit also includes links to lots of resources including white papers, videos and more to help you get started hosting your PHP application on Windows and SQL Server. We hope you find this content valuable, welcome to the Microsoft Platform!