Last year went very quickly! This year is off to a fast start...I'm just getting around to putting up a new blog post. So here's what I've been up to:
- Totally digging my new Zune 80. The best feature, aside from it looks and sounds great, is the the wireless synch. I have it in my car using the car pack and when I get in the car in the morning I have a little message on the screen - "Synch Complete" - Love that! A little disappointed by the car pack compared to the one I have for my iPod. The Zune guys need to expand the frequency range - 88.1 and up have way to much traffic, 87.9 is virtually empty across the country.
- PGR4 is amazing and I'm slowly becoming a better driver now that I have a steering for the XBOX 360. Looking forward to getting MX vs. ATV Untamed for some less "structured" driving fun. Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga is a ton of good clean fun for kids and adults alike. These new games, plus my work/travel schedule have really left me outta the loop with Halo & COD4.
- Overheard at work "That Agile Development training class last week was pretty good. The one they did a couple months ago was better...less theoretical." And yes...before you ask the people in the conversation were completely serious!
- Been doing some Office-based development since December. I just stumbled on this article at MSDN Magazine, VSTO: Build Office-Based Solutions Using WPF, WCF, And LINQ. Sadly, the customer is using .NET 2.0 and XML Web Service. One tidbit I will pass on...when creating custom toolbar buttons for office add-in hold a reference to the button(s), that'll save you a lot of head scratching when you press the button for the 2nd time and nothing happens.
- The work I'm doing includes some Visio automation very similar to the Visio Connector for MS Project. Visio is pretty cool, but kinda convoluted.
- I still hate the grid controls....but I'm getting them to bend to my will!!
- I'm still working in Visual Studio 2005. If you find yourself doing Office development...go for Visual Studio 2008!