I'm very excited to announce that we launched a new content type on MSDN recently: the Office Visual How to!
Here's the idea behind the Office Visual How to topics:
- See It. If you've got 10 - 15 minutes to watch a video showing the code in action, you can stream it from the article page. You can also download it!
- Code It. If you want to see the code and copy it into your project to try it out yourself, it's also printed with the article.
- Read It. We also walk you through the code and give you contextual information so you can see what's going on in detail.
- Explore It. We provide links to more information in the MOSS SDK, on the MOSS Developer Portal, in team blogs, and elsewhere on MSDN.
We have 3 new Visual How to topics for MOSS that went live this week:
- Filtering one Business Data Catalog List from Another by Using Associations in SharePoint Server 2007 by John Peltonen @3Sharp
- Creating Business Data Catalog Entities in SharePoint Server 2007 by John Peltonen @3Sharp
- Retrieving Excel 2007 Workbooks or Snapshots Using Office SharePoint Server 2007 Excel Services by Joel Krist @Akona Systems
We have a long list of MOSS videos and topics that will go live in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to this blog or the MOSS Portal on MSDN for updates! Also, don't forget to check out the Office Developer How-to Center on MSDN for a complete list of our popular How-to content type.
Also published recently on MSDN:
- Item-Level Auditing with SharePoint Server 2007 by Ted Pattison