Update: See the web site at http://gttse.wikidot.com/
What: 3rd Int’l Summer School on Generative and Transformational Techniques.
Acronym: GTTSE 2009.
When: July 6 – 11, 2009.
Where: Braga, Portugal.
Speakers: to be revealed soon.
Size: 100 = 80 participants, 16 speakers, 4 organizers.
What’s new this time?
· Do you think anything was wrong? Say with …
o … the level of sophistication?
o … the intensity of learning experience?
o … the sheer number of nerds locked up together?
o … the beautiful surroundings?
o … the exercises in the swimming pool?
o … the all-inclusive Portuguese dinners?
o … the splendid social program?
o … the low price of travel and attendance?
o What else?
· We will be using a painless selection procedure this time.
· We want to definitely increase participation of women.
· We are working on adding 1 or 2 satellite events.
· There will be one sports event every day.
· We aim at stronger industrial presence.
What could you do now?
· Mark the date!
· Spread the message; we want the best GTTSE talents to come.
· If you have an idea for a short tutorial, contact us ASAP.
· If you consider organizing a satellite event, contact us.
· If you have ideas for industrial coverage, again, contact us.
· We very much appreciate sponsors of course.
Your summer school team for 2009:
· João M. Fernandes, Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal
· Ralf Lämmel, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
· João Saraiva, Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal
· Joost Visser, Software Improvement Group, Amsterdam, NL
Short hall of fame (previous full tutorials only):
· Don Batory, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
· Ira Baxter, Semantic Designs Inc., USA
· Jean Bezivin, INRIA, LINA, University of Nantes, France
· Shigeru Chiba, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
· Krzysztof Czarnecki, University of Waterloo, Canada
· Jean-Marie Favre, University of Grenoble, France
· Jean-Luc Hainaut, University of Namur, Belgium
· Zhenjiang Hu, University of Tokyo, Japan
· Stan Jarzabek, National University of Singapore
· Erik Meijer, Microsoft, Redmond, USA
· Tom Mens, University of Mons-Hainaut, Belgium
· Oege de Moor, Oxford University, UK
· José Nuno Oliveira, University of Minho, Portugal
· Markus Pueschel, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
· Walid Taha, Rice University, USA
· Eelco Visser, Delft University of Technology, NL