In IIS7 (atleast till RC0 release), you might find no UI way to restart IIS services (IISAdmin, WAS, W3SVC). Only way is by using the command line exe - the classic IISRESET.
Here is my UI module which give you a UI way to do this. This also shows the status of each IIS service running. Below is how it looks:
Here is the link for the DLL:
To add this module in your IIS 7 manager follow the below steps:
- Download the IIS7IISRESETUI.dll.
- From inetsrv folder Drag and Drop the IIS7IISRESETUI.dll into the Global Assembly Cache (C:\Windows\assembly) or use GacUtil -i IIS7IISRESETUI.dll to install it to the GAC.
- Under File Menu, browse for the file %WinDir%\System32\InetSrv\config\Administration.config.
- Search for the <moduleProviders> section and add the following
<add name="IIS7IISRESETUI" type="IIS7IISRESETUI.MyModuleProvider, IIS7IISRESETUI, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db9daa3d2ea5f6fd" />
- Search for the <modules> section and add the following
<add name="IIS7IISRESETUI" />
- Open Inetmgr and You will see the module listed in your IIS 7 Manager if you would’ve followed the above steps properly.
Let me know if this helps you!
UPDATE : This is now in iis.net/downloads. Check this out.