A while ago, I released a pretty basic version of Social Bookmarking Tool and gradually made it to support 20 bookmarking websites. The good thing was that you had options for different websites now. The bad was that… you didn’t have too many configuration options and everything used to appear as text. With this version I have changed it and now you will have options to use text, icons or both and my preference is to have just icons, since I can have a lot more icons and they won’t make it look as messy.
Initially it showed something like…
Now, it will be able to show all those links as different icons for different bookmarking websites as shown below. The usage of this tool hasn’t changed much and is almost the same as it used to be earlier. As you can see, now we can fit in 20 different icons in the same line and it doesn’t look as messy!
If you are using Windows Live Writer do the following…
1. Save your blog “Post draft to weblog”, but don’t publish it. This way you will get a URL
2. Once you have that blog entry created. Right click on that and say Copy Shortcut.
3. Now Open the Social Bookmarking Executable.
4. Add the copied URL
5. Add the Title
6. Generate Code
7. Copy code by hitting the button.
8. Modify your blog post using Live Writer but in HTML mode (View -> HTML)
9. Publish the blog.
10. You are all set!