Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server

Screwing up an installation is so easy! I realized it when I was working on an issue today and had to uninstall the .NET Framework (that’s different story ;o). I used my Control Panel and uninstalled it, but I was not done yet! I wanted to wipe out all traces of .NET 2.0 from my box and I deleted the C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 folder. Then I simply re-installed it and found that everything was working fine except the projects which were being accessed through FileSystem. I was not able to debug those projects at all… Even a CTRL+F5 wouldn’t work!!

Here is the error message which I got…

Microsoft Visual Studio
Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server
OK
—————————

Very soon, I found that there is a file called WebDev.WebServer.exe which was located in C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 folder and it was gone since I deleted the folder itself! Aahh… too late… But I was really happy when I found that when I copied the file WebDev.WebServer.exe from one of my colleague’s box, it worked absolutely fine :o) And that just saved me a lot of time!

I would have hated myself, if I had to re-install the VS 2005 just because of a simple mistake.

The point to be noted here are…
1) Don’t use Shift+Del to delete important folders. It is better to rename it ;o) (as if you didn’t know already!)
2) In case you do the same mistake as I did… find a person who has the file, and Copy + Paste!!
3) It seems like VS2005 installation puts the file (WebDev.WebServer.exe) in the Framework folder. Take good care of it :o)

Cheers,
Rahul

1. senthil says:

actually i have the same problem and that exe file also exists in that directory

give me a suggestions

2. rahulso says:

How did you get the problem?

Was it working earlier? Do you remember any change which was made in this box after it stopped working?

You may also try using Filemon to see if there is any Access Denied or some file being asked for and not present in the system. May be that will help.

3. Frank says:

Thanks for the tip.

I had the same problem yesterday. I was too fast deleting the v2.0…. folder. Now after i copied the webdev.webserver from my second machine all is working fine again.

Cheers, Frank.

4. Ken Mann says:

Thanks for the tip about the missing exe.

5. prakash says:

Hi i am also facing same problem "Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server", i have that "WebDev.WebServer.exe" file in my "C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727" folder.

I am not able to detect exact cause to this problem.

I am not able to debug any web application.

Event Ctrl+F5 is also giving same error…

So, i get two error messages as below :

1. "Unable to find version of the runtime to run this application"

2. "Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server"

Please help me out…

6. Hi Prakash,

Check if you are able to create a new Project. Also, find out if creating a project with FileSystem works or not. If filesystem works, your debugger is fine. Then check out what version is listed under the ASP.NET tab in your IIS server.

Also, try using aspnet_regiis -ua followed with a aspnet_regiis -i and see if that helps.

If you still have problems… Let me know the following…

1. Does creating a new Project work?

2. What is the Operating System and VS you are working on?

3. When did this problem start?

4. Has it ever worked correctly on this box?

5. What happens when you try to debug against a File System project. Give me the exact error message which is thrown.

6. What version is set for the project in IIS under that ASP.NET tab?

Rahul

7. Bhupinder says:

WebDev.WebServer.exe already exist but i replaced it with the one working on other machine……………….It worked!!!!!!

8. megha says:

I had a problem with .net 2005. When i install it and run it, it worked fine. I also restart my computer then also it was fine. But on another day when i come and run my project the same error comes. Then i again set up .net 2005. then it worked fine. But the same thing i have to do again and again setup of .net every day.

So suggest me the answer of my problem

9. megha says:

So suggest me the answer of my problem

Megha

10. Hi Megha,

It this happens daily, I have a feeling that there is something goofy going on from the Policy perspective.

Give me the exact error message which you are facing. If it is the same error message as this post, try removing your PC from the domain and re-install. Let it be out of domain and try to repro the issue and see if that happens again.

HTH,

Rahul

11. Raghu vamshi says:

hi

i have installed visual studios Express webdeveloper addition,for two  days it worked

well but for third day it showed error message

so can any one help me plse to solve the problem

12. Raghu vamshi says:

hi

well but for third day it showed error message

so can any one help me plse to solve the problem

13. Hi Raghu,

What is complete error message you are getting? Do you remember making any changes to your PC?

-Rahul

14. Raghu vamshi says:

hi rahulso

I did not make any changes to my PC

except i reinstalled the web developer again,

it worked nicely for some time but again same problem continued

The error message was unnable to connect to

Visual Studio’s local host webserver

and also

cannot find version of runtime to run this application

i have replaced Webserver.EXE file from remote system and placed in my PC for some time it worked ,but again same problem occured

can u plse give a solution for this?

thannks

15. Hi Raghu,

Can you give me the following information…

1. Your OS

2. Are you an Admin on your box?

3. Is this PC part of a Domain or WorkGroup?

4. Where are you located?

5. Do you have IIS installed on your box? If yes, did you try creating a new project on your http://localhost/AppName??

Regards,

Rahul

16. Raghu vamshi says:

Hi Rahul

My OS is Windows XP SP2

I am Admin on my box

My pc is part of Domain(Stand alone)

IIS is installed in my system.I have created a new project and began to run ,when trying execute from the internet explorer (http://localhost/….)    an error occured stating that it is wrong to use authinication mode  Windows in the web.config file

so what could be wrong i do not understand

17. Hi Raghu,

It seems like you are not using Integrated Windows Authentication Mode in IIS.

Can you please try that and let me know?

Also, it would be really nice if you could give me the EXACT error message. Press CTRL + C on the message box which is thrown for the error and paste it.

Regards,

-Rahul

18. Nick says:

Thanks so much for posting this!

I deleted the .NET2.0 folder earlier today to test a setup program’s installer of the .Net framework. And after it installed I couldn’t build my websolution anymore. Turns out I deleted this file! Thanks for the solution!

19. Ed Winborne says:

I get the same error message when I try to use the website menu->ASP.NET Configuration in the Visual Web Developer 2005 express edition to load the Web Site Administration Tool. I also get this if I right click on the open window and click "View in Browser". In All instances I get a local host Icon on my task bar Labeled ASP.NET Development Server, and a path such as http://Localhost:1548/WebSite2, which is the path to my website created by Web developer. If you right click on the Icon you get a dialog box with the following options "Run in browser", "Stop", and "Show Details". If you Click option 1 or 3 you get the above Error message "Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Local Host web server" but for option 1 the Internet Browser loads with a list of the files in the project which you can run to see if they will run in the browser for debugging. Option 3 does esentially the same thing but gives details about the physical path, the virtual path, Port Number, and the root URL which is a link you click on to do the same as option 1. With all these options I get the same error message as above every time I click any of the above options. Also I can not get the Web Administration tool to load and run no matter what I do. I have checked and all of the files and directories mentioned above are present in the right folders. I Have IIS installed on my computer and have tried loading and running the web administration tool in Visual Web Developer with IIS enabled and disabled but it makes no differance. I can run and debug aspx files from my virtual IIS directory with out any problems. Can Any body tell me why I am getting this error message and how to get the Web administration tool to run?

20. narayana says:

i work on file system not on iis ,it was working fine

suddenly it started throwing this alert message–"unable to connect to visualstudios’s localhost web server"

21. Peter says:

Same thing here. Windows XP Pro SP2 / Administrator, standalone. I created a new website in VWD2005 Express Edition, localhost/appname. When I go to Website-ASP.NET configuration it starts the ASP.NET Development server and in a while it throws "unable to connect to visualstudios’s localhost web server:. I reinstalled .NET 2.0 and VWD2005 EE and it seemed to work fine. After an hour or so, same problem! I also did the aspnet_regiis thing as mentioned above. Help….

22. Peter says:

Sometimes, not always(!), I can start Menu-Website-ASP.NET Configuration AFTER I did a Menu-Build-Rebuild Website. Other times it gives me the error "unable to connect……" It also seems to depend on the portnumber that the localhost web server is openening. Windows Firewall is off. Can I shut down this webserver and always use IIS instead?

23. Peter says:

It gets even stranger…. I had two instances of SQLEXPRESS on my machine and I disabled the second one (SQLEXPRESS with FULLTEXTSEARCH enabled). Now my VWD is working fine! I can acces the ASP.NET configuration and I can use Visual Studio’s localhost web server. I let you know if there are more problems from now on.

24. Sandip says:

dude, i did something similar to what u did..i uninstalled VS2005 first without uninstalling the patch for WebApps.and then coz i cant uninstall the patch..i just tried to get stuff done by installing VS2005…ignoring the patch alltogether!one look at ur blog and i knew where i screwed up!!thanks a million dude!!

25. Ganga says:

hi,

i am getting two errors like-

1.ASP.Net development server failed to start listening on port 1290.only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted

2.unable to connect to visual studio’s localhost web server

i have installed VS2005 and i was working comfortably fine with the application yeasterday but today its showing me the above errors.i have that "WebDev.WebServer.exe" file in my "C:WINNTMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727" folder.

26. Hi Ganga,

Honestly speaking, I haven’t seen this error before. Can you kill all instances of your webdev.webserver.exe and try again?

Also, if that doesn’t work, try reproducing the error and run netstat -ano from your command prompt. It will tell you the PID of the application who is using the port which is conflicting.

In my case, when I was browsing a file the URL looks like the following….

And when I do netstat -ano, I get something like the following…

TCP    127.0.0.1:1042         0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       2656

Here 1042, is the port number and 2656 is the PID of the process. You can have a look at this PID in Task Manager (View – Select Columns – PID) and figure out which app is causing the issue.

Hope that helps,

Rahul

27. Dabbler says:

I don’t seem to have the WebDev.WebServer.exe in my C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727 folder. I seem to remember reinstalling .NET framework a while ago, and just tried to use ASP.NET Configuration from the Website menu… am getting the same "Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server" error. No sure what I need to install, uninstall. Is there some way I can extract this file without uninstalling and re-installing?

Thanks!

28. Hi Dabbler,

Do you have any other box which has VS 2005 installed? If yes, you can probably get it from there and retry!

You may also try using the extract command… http://support.microsoft.com/kb/129605. I haven’t tried it on VS installs, but I guess it should work.

I have an ISO file with me to install VS 2005. It helps me in doing such stuff.

Hope that helps,

Rahul

29. asif ghanchi says:

hi

i’m working on asp.net2005 and i install ajax on it,i’ve not install ajax tool kit yet,

and i try to run any project than i find a error

"unable to find a version of the runtime to run this apllication" and than it show me another error"unable to connect to visual studio localhost web server"

i also try to run the project which i made earlier. but same…

so can u help me plz

waiting for ur reply

Regards

Asif Ghanchi

email id:ghanchiasif@gmail.com

30. asif ghanchi says:

hi

i already try to find the webdev.webserver.exe and than i run it than it show me the same error. when i executing any project.

Regards

Asif Ghanchi

31. Sanjeev says:

i am already having webdev.webserver.exe and its size is 116 kb.

When i try to run it shows me the error that access a socket in way forbidden by its access permission.

and then Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server.

plz help.

i am using network drive.

Regards

sanjeev

32. Hi Sanjeev,

Did you check the firewall and the ports? Is it blocked?

Regards,

Rahul

33. Michael says:

Hi,

I’ve got the message ("unable to connect…")trying to run website in file system.

When I tried "aspregiis -i" it said that "setup has detected some errors".

When I checked  the setup log file, I found 4 "failure" messages:

– Failure Cleaning up registry: CleanupRegistry failed with HRESULT 80070002: ‘The system cannot find the file specified.  ‘

– Failure Waiting for service to start: WaitForServiceState failed with HRESULT 8007041d: ‘The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.  ‘

– Failure Starting service: w3svc: StartServiceByName failed with HRESULT 8007041d: ‘The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.  ‘

– Failure Restarting W3SVC: RestartW3svc failed with HRESULT 8007041d: ‘The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.  ‘

Please, help!

Michael

34. Hi Michael,

Are you logged on as an Administrator? Do as follows…

1. Login as Admin

2. Create a very simple text file and call it test.aspx. Check if you are able to run that page on that IIS.

3. It seems like the IIS is not appearing healthy or it could be something related with permissions.

4. Also check if you are able to browse any htm or asp pages.

Rahul

35. nifigasebe says:

Hi, Rahul

When I open in VWD 2005 a localhost website ("http://localhost/mysite") and press F5, it runs good.

But when I open site in file system("C:/mysite) and press F5 or Ctrl/F5 it gives the message ("unable to connect…")

Michael

36. nifigasebe says:

when I create new site in LOCAL IIS mode it works fine. when I create even very simple page in file system (C:/WebSites/simple.htm) it is unable to connect …

I reloaded VWD 2005 Express Edition, made sure WebDev.WebServer exist, but nothing changed. I guess my ASP.NET is not installed properly.

I tried to correct it but failed.

Michael

37. nifigasebe says:

Maybe I need to correct my .NET Framework, and then reinstall ASP.NET?

Michael

38. Hi Mike,

Have you tried creating a new project in some other folder, like C:TestFolderTestWebSite? If not, please try that.

If you like you can install Process Monitor and check if you are seeing any access denied on the folder where you are creating the website.

Re-installing .NET Framework might help as well in your case.

Regards,

Rahul

39. horizon says:

Everything was working fine. Then, i made some changes in date to do some experiments. first i forwarded the date by few months. Then, put it back to current. In the meanwhile, it started giving these errors:

– asp.net development server failed to start listening on port 1038 an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

– unable to connect to visual studio localhost web server

I have verified the existence of file WebDev.WebServer.EXE at this path: C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727

its there.

can anyone give me some idea?

40. Hello Horizon,

Do you have any Antivirus/Firewall which is locking up the port?

By any chance, are you using source safe?

41. Alex says:

rahulso’s brilliant suggestion of checking the pID in netstat and killing the process in the Task Manager solved my problem. It was a process called ‘SR_Service.exe’ which is to do with my VPN client.

Thanks Rahul 🙂

42. Sohail Anjum says:

Thanks

Its Great you solved my problem

43. sasi says:

i got the same problem , for a long time i cannt solve it ,could anyonehelp me , and even from the starting my iis is also not working , i have the follwing problem,

Asp.Net developement Server failed to start listening on port 1045. error message:

a socket operation encountered a dead network.

unable to connect to viual stuidos localhost webserver.

i have my windows xp, visual studio 2005

pls help me.

44. Hi Sasi,

This error message typically means a serious failure of the network system (i.e. the protocol stack that the WinSock DLL runs over), the network interface, or the local network itself is broken.

2 things…

1. Do you get this error message with the same port number everytime?

2. Do you have any proxies and is ByPass Proxy server for local addresses checked in your IE??

45. sasi says:

i,

thanks for ur reply, actually i am doing at home computer caught this problem

is there any solution , i have to format the computer ,reinstall everything

46. Gourav says:

Do one thing go to tool menu.

open Internet option.

select connection tab then open lan setting.

There select bypass proxy server for local address.

i will work.

47. Michael says:

This is fantastic!

I had the exact error, copied the file from my colleagues machine & voila I get local web server again!!!!

Congrats on a great article.

48. Komila says:

hi all.

actually i have same problem but with .net 2008 and there is no exe of webserver.

wat to do pl help.

49. deepak says:

hi all

when designing page in VS web developer expresss 2008 when i right click on the page and select the           "view in Browser" option then it shows can not connect to server.it also says check the browser configuration.

pls help me in this regard

50. mohamed says:

Hi every body I want to till you that I was have this problem and I try alot of solutions to solve it but without any benefits but I found that the reason of this problem is this file that called WebDev.WebServer

that is exist at the path

C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727

that when I get it from my friend from his pc and replace the new with the exist file I found that the program become very nice

and run all the web appliction without any problem

so that I put the new file  in host server to download it and to solve your problems.

the host server url :-

thanks

51. dilipv says:

hi all,

this is  Dilip,i am facing a huge problem, i did everything but it is still there.

My problem is

At the time of Debug for Windows application it gives error as "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)" and

for Web application it gives error as "unable to connect to visual studio’s localhost web server"

Due to this i can not work on either Web  or Windows application at all.

I read several solution but all just hit and try methods but it won’t help me. All say they just solved their problem by some luck but no one got exact solution.

I reinstalled VS 2005 and Win -XP both doesn’t help and also format my machine then install fresh copy of both.

Also Reset IIS and install framework 2.0 but it won’t help me.Even i don’t have any firewall installed but same problem persist.

I also copy WebDev.WebServer.exe from my friends machine to my machine but no luck.

Please give some genuine solution, not just hit and try solutions.

I can not work on any type of application.

If this problem persist that means Microsoft VS 2005 and XP has some serious bug inside.

Please …….Provide  me solution.

Thanks & Regards

Dilip Kumar S. Vishwakarma

52. dilipv says:

hi all,

it’s me dilip again, butstill no solution. i think the problem has difficult solution.

That’s why no one is interested in giving appropraite solution.

Thanks & Regards

Dilipv

53. Hi Dilip,

Your problem looks a bit tricky. Typically, the error message 0xc000007b would mean…

# for hex 0xc000007b / decimal -1073741701 :

STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT                                   ntstatus.h

# {Bad Image}

# The application or DLL %hs is not a valid Windows image.

# Please check this against your installation diskette.

# 1 matches found for "0xc000007b"

Thus, it appears that the file is corrupt. And I believe that it is not a bug. Tell me the following…

1. Try installing VS from any other source. If you can do it, try installing Visual Express and see if that works for you (it is free).

2. Are you able to create new projects and debug them properly?

3. Did this ever work on your machine?

You may also try to open a case with GTSC-India and they should be able to help you out on this issue.

Rahul

54. dilipv says:

Hi rahulso,

thanks for your support , i install vs 2005 from my hard disk. but as you said try to install from other sources.

I will try than make you know the sane.

Thanks & Regards

Dilipv

55. Abhi says:

Due to other issues i uninstalled my .net framework and then deleted the folder.

thanks a lot…Saved me a ton of time!

56. Abhi says:

thanks a lot for the tip…Saved me a ton of time!

57. Praveen says:

give me a suggestions

58. Praveen.A says:

hi all,

this is  Praveen,i am facing a huge problem, i did everything but it is still there.

My problem is

At the time of Debug for Windows application it gives error as "ASP.NET server failed to start listnening on port 4217.

Error message:An innvalid argument was supplied" and

Due to this i can not work on either Web  or Windows application at all.

Please give some genuine solution, not just hit and try solutions.

I can not work on any type of application.

Please …….Provide  me solution.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen.A

59. Hello Praveen

Run the following commands…

netstat -ano >> C:ForRahul.txt

tasklist >> C:ForRahul.txt

and send me that "ForRahul.txt" file through email… rahul AT Microsoft DOT com

Thanks,

Rahul

60. uma maheswar says:

Hi,

i am also getting same problem . but i am having the file named "WebDev.WebServer.EXE" in the location "C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727".

but some times service is running in one port number and the client/browser is calling the another port no. for example: suppose the IIS Service calling port is 1106. the browser is calling the url is like http://localhost:1100/

so, please help me regarding this problem.

Thanks

Uma Maheswara

61. uma maheswar says:

Hi Rahul,

please any one can help me  regarding below mentioned problem. i am getting error message like "Unable to connect localhost web server"

so, please help me regarding this problem.

Thanks

Uma Maheswara

62. Omekudo Odafe Kingsley says:

I am unable to connect to my Asp.net Server on my local machine.

When i run my application it bis telling me that unable to connect to ASP.NET Development server

63. sujna says:

hi rahul,

these are the 2 errors am facing when ever i view my web application in browser..i have tried the above options..i have checked for the webDev.webserver exe.it is there.reinstalled the vs2005,reset the iis.i m using standalone pc,os is windows xp..

errors:

ASP.NET Development Server

—————————

ASP.NET Development Server failed to start listening on port 1042.

Error message:

An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

OK

Microsoft Visual Studio

Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server

OK

—————————

And everytime i view different application ,it shows different port no at which it failed to listen.

please help me to resolve my problem

64. Hello Sujna,

It appears that the port is blocked. Do you have a firewall?

65. sujna says:

hi,i hv firewall in my com,but the problem is still there,pl suggest me the right solution .how to unblock the ports..why it is unable to connect to visual studio’s local host server.waiting for ur immediate responce..

thanks

66. Yasser Shahzad says:

I suffered the same issue "Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server", and I have resolved it now.

It was due to a FIREWALL program installed on my PC.

so please make sure to uninstall or close any such program if running.

Regards!!!

67. Yasser Shahzad says:

It was due to a FIREWALL program installed on my PC.

so please make sure to uninstall or close any such program if running.

Regards!!!

68. Bharath says:

Thanks for this dude… It helped me..

Bharath(eSSL)

69. James says:

Ok  another fix to try….

After you have verified that you have the WebDev.WebServer.EXE file and can double click it and it returns with help information.

Take a look at your hosts file in the folder…

C:Windowssystem32driversetc

Open Hosts and ensure you have an entry such as the following…

127.0.0.1       localhost

For some reason mine was garbled and I hadn’t even touched it.

70. kolitha says:

Hi ,

my name is kolitha.presently i am doing a course in IT .i am doing .net programming.

i have installed visual studio 2005.i get a error like this

unable to connect to visual studio’s localhost web server

also i can’t insall SQL server express edition now.

for some time this visual studio 2005 was working perfectly.after that recently i got this roblem 1 week before.after that i have formatted the pc twice and tryied to install visual studio 2005 twice.

still i can’t resolve the problem.my project as to delever with in another 2 weeks time.tis is urgent

pls help me

kolitha

kolithidm@gmail.com

knw_97@hotmail.com

71. ghie101 says:

somebody please help me, my localhost IIS7 was there every time i type the localhost, but when i run the web developer 2008 and start play my web projet or page, it display a connection error..please help me..

72. ghie101 says:

73. RAHUL says:

pLZ GIVE ME SOLUTION FOR GETTING ERROR …

"Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server"

while start debugging aspx …

i cant understand which type of error is this…plz help me for that……….

74. malti says:

I have the same problem and after a lot of research I found that the firewall of eset blocked visual studio

my advise is not only try to enable all traffic but if it doesnt work try to uninstall compltly your firewall or antivirus if it’s included it’s the solution after a lot of dig

75. Kamran Shahid says:

My case is that I am getting this error when runing Vs2005 website application on file system.[on http it works]

VS2005 web application project on File system as well as HTTP works fine.

I also have VS2008 where i have no issue in any type of application.All works fine

I have Eset security 4.0 installed.But disabling firewall is also have no effect

76. Meher says:

hi Rahul,

I am getting error 404.4. It says  "The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it."

In the "things you can try,  it states,

"If the file extension does not have a handler associated with it, add a handler mapping for the extension."

However, it doesn’t explain how to do this.

Config of System:

OS: Windows Vista Home Edition.

Browser: IE 7.0

The system has Visual Studio 2008 installed on it. So the application runs on local host.

But it does not have an IIS server installed.

This error cropped up after I tried to run Spike Proxy (Web Application Security Testing tool) on my system, for which I had to change my browser settings. But after using it I changed the settings back to wht they were.

But I am still getting the error.

Please help me with this…..

Thanks

77. harsg says:

pLZ GIVE ME SOLUTION FOR GETTING ERROR …

"Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server"

while start debugging aspx …

i cant understand which type of error is this…plz help me for that……….

78. harsh says:

pLZ GIVE ME SOLUTION FOR GETTING ERROR …

"Unable to connect to Visual Studio’s Localhost Web Server"

while start debugging aspx …

i cant understand which type of error is this…plz help me for that……….

79. prateek says:

hello sir…. i have that framework folder in my c:/ , but still error occurs that unable to connect to localhost web server….. please help me…..

80. Pravin says:

I had the same problem what i did is, i search for WebDev.WebServer on my machine in folders other than

C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727

I found it on

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDevServer9.0.

I copied 2 files

WebDev.WebServer

WebDev.WebServer.exe.manifest

from

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedDevServer9.0.

to

C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727

and without restarting when i open my project it starts running without any problem.

Regards

Pravin Shrirao

81. Anand says:

i cant browse my visual studio pages with any of the browser i have, even not with the internal browser. Pls help me solving this problem..

82. ramya says:

I have a problem with visual studio 2008.My iis is running and I tried to restart it also once.I couldn’t compile my website.There was an error Unable to connect to development server.

83. Dipali says:

i have copied WebDev.WebServer.exe

bt still my asp not working propelly

give me solution plzz

84. Dipali says:

if u find the above problem’s solution send it to on my yahooid

dips_patadiya20@yahoo.in

85. Vibin says:

Unable to Connect to the ASP.Net WebServer on Localhost

This Link will fix your problem…..

The above link Is MY BLOG

Just do what it says….Please mail me if any questions…

CHECK DOWNLOAD LINK WILL IN filefactory.com/

Vibin

86. Raj says:

hai VIBIN

U r prefect….my error is FIXED in seconds…

i just download and past the file in the path u specified….ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKs ThAnKsThAnKs

87. rancho says:

hai vibin,

u fixed my problem in a sec…

after i copy that file to specified path…my asp.net program runs successfully… with out no error

88. Vibin says:

hai rancho…

i was struggling with problem long time ago.. i always format the drive to re install it to work properly..

i search for internet to solve this… finally i found this becoz of VIRUS attack..which cause that file corrupted. so i upload that file so that i can use it again if any error occur with out formatting… i am glad it helped u..