Our Visual Studio Gallery just got an update today with some small changes since our initial Beta 1 release a few weeks ago.
Steven Wilssens, our main PM working on the gallery sums up the changes below:
· Referrals Count – During our initial release we only counted the number of downloads for contributions with a payload. With this release we will be counting the number of click-throughs for projects with a referral link.
· Updated Details Page: Based on customer feedback we changed the layout of the details page.
· Support for integration with http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio: We added an xml files that allows http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio to display the recently added, highest rated, and most active contributions on Visual Studio Gallery.
· Notifications – Users now receive a notification when someone gives a rating, starts or replies to a discussion thread for their project, etc.
· Performance Increase – The overall site performance has increased significantly with this release thanks to changes that are shared across the Expression Gallery, Visual Studio Gallery, and CodePlex sites.
We’re targeting a regular cadence of updates on the Gallery. If you have any feedback for us, feel free to post them to our Gallery forum.
Congrats to the MSDN team for a smooth update earlier today and I’m really happy with the performance improvements!